Notre Dame School
- Notre Dame School serves students with cognitive disabilities ages 8 through 24.
- Class size is 8-12 students with a teacher and an assistant.
- The academic curriculum emphasizes mathematics, reading, social studies and language arts. Additionally independent living and vocational training is offered as the students move through the program.
- Music, PE, and religion classes are offered to all students.
- Independent living skills, job skills and career exploration are important elements in the upper school.
- Christian values and attitudes are taught in all classes. Catholic students are involved in sacramental preparation.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||developmentally delayed, Autism and Down Syndromed|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms for lower school students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||limited financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
Flag Football, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Young Life Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Young Life,|
- Notre Dame School serves students with intellectual disabilities ages 8-24. The school offers a broad program that strives to build indepence and responsibility in each student. A functional academic program is offered that strives to help each student reach their full potential and become a contributing member of the community. Extracurricular activities include: sports, Young Life, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and cheerleading. The motto at Notre Dame School is "No limits, just possibilities".
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArlingtonGrades: 5-12 | 15 students
2570 NW Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington, TX 76012
DallasGrades: 1-12 | 218 students
16150 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
RichardsonGrades: K-12 | 33 students
1221 W Campbell Rd, # 209
Richardson, TX 75080
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?