Notre Dame School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (214) 720-3911
- Notre Dame School serves students with cognitive disabilities ages 8 through 24.
- Class size is 8-12 students with a teacher and an assistant.
- The academic curriculum emphasizes mathematics, reading, social studies and language arts. Building responsibility and independence is a priority throughout the program. As the students move through the program they participate in community based instruction and vocational training.
- Music, PE, computer and religion classes are offered to all students.
- Independent living skills, job skills and career exploration are important elements in the upper school.
- Christian values and attitudes are taught in all classes.
- Catholic students are involved in sacramental preparation. A broad range of athletic activities are offered.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Council for Exceptional Children
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Down Syndrome, Autism, Developmental Delays|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms for lower school students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,250|
|Tuition Notes||limited financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Theresa Francis|
|Admissions Associate||Carmen Fernandez|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Flag Football,
Football, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Best Buddies, Boy Scouts, Young Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Karate Class, Special Olympics
- Notre Dame School serves students with intellectual disabilities ages 8-24. The school offers a broad program that strives to build indepence and responsibility in each student. A functional academic program is offered that strives to help each student reach their full potential and become a contributing member of the community. Extracurricular activities include: sports, Young Life, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and cheerleading. The motto at Notre Dame School is "No limits, just possibilities".
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richardson Grades: K-12 | 43 students
1221 W Campbell Rd, # 209
Richardson, TX 75080
(972) 516-8844 12.7 K-12
We are thrilled to have our 13 year old daughter, who has down syndrome, at the Notre Dame School of Dallas. (NDS) She continues to improve her reading, writing and math skills, and loved learning about her country and the election last fall, The teachers at the school are incredibly kind and knowlegable about how to motivate the special needs population. The special Olympics program is also exceptional and easy for our families to be a part of it because practices are often immediately after school. Our daughter loves going to school and has so many wonderful friends. I would recommend this school to any family in a situation similar to ours.
- Posted by Parent - Kim
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.