O'hara Catholic Elementary School
For well over a century, O'Hara Catholic School has provided an exemplary program for children from across Lane County, Oregon.
Students from Pre-School through 8th grade receive an exceptional education in a nurturing and loving environment.
Graduates leave O'Hara with a strong foundation of knowledge, faith, and a way of interacting in the world with confidence and compassion.
O'Hara Catholic School, as an extension of the family and as an instrument of Christ, is dedicated to developing the whole child in a secure and nurturing environment.
Our mission is to prepare students to strive for excellence spiritually, academically, physically and socially, and to be life-long learners with strong Catholic values.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 527 students
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
O'hara Catholic Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- O'Hara Catholic School is an elementary and middle school providing a quality education to the surrounding community. It is the responsibility of the faculty and staff, as the facilitators of learning, to assist the parents in their role as the primary educators of their children. We offer a core program of Catholic faith development encouraging students to model the life of Christ. O'Hara's student-centered environment is dedicated to educating the whole child. Our environment encourages spiritual, academic, emotional, physical, and social growth. The O'Hara community is committed to preparing our students to be responsible contributing members of our global community in service to others. Our students' responses to their lives' callings are based on Christian morals and the intellectual foundation we provide.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is O'hara Catholic Elementary School's ranking?
O'hara Catholic Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for: Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for O'hara Catholic Elementary School?
The application deadline for O'hara Catholic Elementary School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse O'hara Catholic Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.