Olive Crest Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Olive Crest Academy is a non-public, non-profit special education school serving special education students, grades K-12, in Orange and Los Angeles counties.
- OCA is dedicated to meeting the academic, emotional, and behavioral needs of exceptional students through individualized and innovative educational programs.
- This includes the mastery of basic academic skills, critical thinking skills, social skills, vocational skills, and the development of independence, mutual respect, feelings of self-worth and confidence.
- The essence of the philosophy lies in the belief that growth is facilitated through human interaction between child, parent, and staff.
- We believe that personal growth and love of learning should be nurtured as a lifelong process.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(written dress code available)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Shea|
- Students are placed at Olive Crest Academy through the IEP process of their local school district.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orange Grades: 6-12
3111 N. Tustin Street, Suite 240
Orange, CA 92865
(866)402-1699 1.4 6-12
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 123 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714)995-1800 7.8 1-12
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
720 S Magnolia Ave
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714)871-4635 7.8 1-12
I think that the school is a wonderful place that truly cares for the students. The students are able to learn and grow while working on issues that have inhibited them in the learning process. The staff is compassionate and caring. It is a very special place.
- Posted by Teacher - lisam
Olive Crest Academy is an amazing place to work. The staff, students, and culture is what makes this place so great. There are rules, routines, and policies for different types of behaviors. The training program for new staff was very helpful when I first started. I would recommend this school!
- Posted by Teacher - nguye
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.