Our Lady Of Grace Catholic Academy
- Our Lady of Grace School is a Roman Catholic Community of faithfully committed followers of Christ who are living witnesses to teaching as Jesus did, giving service here in Gravesend, Brooklyn.
- Our principal objective is to educate the students to meet the intellectual, spiritual, social, physical and cultural challenges of living in the global community as exemplary Christians.
- The importance of self discipline, responsibility and the use of good judgment encompasses our belief that intellectual development results by giving students experience in higher-order and critical thinking skills.
- We assist the students in their development, both academically and individually, in a complex society.
- Fairness, cooperation, unity and innovation help to facilitate a strong spirit amongst the students.
- This concept guides the faculty in their mission to explore and implement new ideas in a diverse society.
- The students, along with their parents, develop a sense of belonging to an extended family.
- Students are encouraged to speak with the teachers to develop a relationship built on trust and understanding.
- We acknowledge that Our Lady of Grace School cannot be successful without first understanding the importance of each individual.
- We are all God's children working together harmoniously for the benefit of our school, our broader community and ultimately for all humanity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is prorated based on number of children in family.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Joan McMaster|
|Admissions Associate||Roseann Silvery|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, DanceBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AfterSchool Sports Program, Band, Student Council, Talent Club|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 269 students
1518 73rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718)331-2070 2.5 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 373 students
1313 83rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718)236-1560 2.8 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.