Brooklyn Amity School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Brooklyn Amity School, as K-12 private school, provides a college preparatory educational program through well-balanced curriculum emphasizing science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) integrated with athletics in a safe environment that cultivates respect for self and others..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Government, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP US History, AP World History,|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,900|
|Tuition Notes||K-5 --> $9900 6-8 --> $11900 9-12 --> $14900|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Paddle Tennis,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Moden UN, Robotics - FLL, Robotics - FTC, Science Olympiad Moden UN, Robotics - FLL, Robotics - FTC, Science Olympiad,|
- Brooklyn Amity School (BAS) is an independent private school that provides a comprehensive education to students from all around the globe. Amity fosters each child with the desire for life-long learning. BAS is committed to providing the means for intellectual, emotional, ethical, social and physical growth as well as appreciation for cultural and ethnic diversity. As parents and educators it is our job to prepare our children to the ever-changing world through the interdisciplinary education. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) develops the creativity of students and prepares them for the future.Amity offers superb guidance through a well-designed partnership with parents, students, teachers and staff. Dedicated teachers motivate the students beyond the standard curriculum and challenge the students to bring out their best inner self. Amity is located in the heart of New York, which allows the students to explore and take advantage of everything that New York City has to offer. The students can balance the structured curriculum with various trips to museums, landmarks and even roller coasters. At the same time, they are given the hospitality which provides them a safe and nurturing environment which allows them to fully concentrate on their academic achievements. The students are given an opportunity to participate in many clubs and activities such as a nationally recognized karate program, skiing, swimming, Model United Nations Club, Young peace builders, and orienting club. It allows the students to fully enjoy their stay at the top boarding school in NY.
- Founded on principles of high academic expectations, Amity provides a solid foundation in the core subjects, as well as a variety of AP courses. It provides the students the option to earn college credits while attending high school through a carefully designed individual four year plan implemented to allow students to take the courses best suited to their individual needs.Amity is a college prep school. Students participate and earn outstanding results in the city, state and nation-wide academic fairs & competitions. In addition, Amity offers an outstanding internship program, which allows the students to find their true passion and discover their best interests. All these factors allow the administrators to build their students` high school portfolio and to present them as truly exceptional students who stand out in the college application process.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 235 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 818 students
181 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 1368 students
2937 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11223
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 1090 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 968 students
9216 7th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11228
I have two kids studying here. This is one of the best schools in the area. You'll be stunned by quality education and state of the art facilities. Just take a tour.
- Posted by Parent - Palvan
This is a great school for every student.Amity school provides good academic education and safe environment.
- Posted by Teacher - m_mst
I have 2 kids at Brooklyn Amity School and they are very happy.
- Posted by Parent - erdem
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.