Brooklyn Amity School
- Brooklyn Amity School provides a PreK-3 to Gr. 12 co-ed, college preparatory educational program through a well-balanced curriculum emphasizing science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) integrated with athletics and project-based (& blended) learning in a safe environment that cultivates respect for self and others. Graduates of Brooklyn Amity School are global thinkers who contribute to the community as socially-responsible, generous, and educated members society. We also provide Universal PreK (UPK)
Brooklyn Amity School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Government, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for updated tuition/fees information.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elvina Feratovic|
|Admissions Associate||Davut Yilmaz|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Paddle Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Genius Olympiad, Math Olympiads, Robotics - FLL, Robotics - FTC, Science Olympiad
- Academic Excellence - "Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence." - Abigail Adams. At Brooklyn Amity School, intellectual prowess is left in the hands of the students. One`s thirst for knowledge, and furthermore, an eagerness to expand one`s general understanding of the world, is integral in the self-realization of one`s true purpose and potential. Faculty and staff will assist in this journey, but it is the responsibility of the student to value his/her education in a way that draws from their work-ethic and facilitates a path to success.
- Character & Uniqueness - "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost. Students at The Brooklyn Amity School witness a growth, within themselves, that is unparalleled. In addition to receiving a stimulating formal education, students, over the course of their childhood and adolescence, build character, realize their true uniqueness, and establish a set of core values that enable them to become productive, good-natured and kind members of society. At The Brooklyn Amity School, students will be exposed to an atmosphere of self-explore and personal intrigue. Our students stand-out rather than, simply, fit-in. In their classes, students learn to define and express themselves in their own unique ways and learn to value their contributions to the group. Students experience delight and success in discovering their own gifts and sharing them within the school community, which prepares them for serving the world.
- Community & Service - "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity." - Martin Luther King Jr. Brooklyn Amity empowers students to become engaged citizens. As a school-community, we strive to promote an ethos wherein humanity (and a commitment to serve others) is valued ahead of the individual.
- Cultural Diversity & Acceptance - "Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization." - Mahatma GandhiCultural diversity, worldly understandings, and acceptance-of-all, are unique characteristics that we, at Brooklyn Amity, take pleasure in instilling in our students, each day. Our school is comprised of students from all cultures, creeds, and socio-economic backgrounds. We also house a number of international students on our campus.
- College Preparedness - Brooklyn Amity School prides itself on its stringent focus on college preparedness and its dedicated efforts of providing students with the fundamentals necessary for success on the university level. Our students have gained acceptance into many prestigious, four-year universities - (Fordham, NYU, Manhattan College, Stevens Institute of Technology, Washington State, Penn State, UCLA, Univ. of Miami, Sarah Lawrence, UCONN, UMASS, Virginia Tech, Cal-Berkeley, Univ. of Arizona, St. John`s, Northeaster, among many others).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 1023 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 250-0221 8 PK-12
I am graduated from Amity, I missed my school.It was great years for me.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Selman Kazanci
Great school. It provides a safe environment and a great academic experience. The teachers are great. Good kids. I have three kids here, all of them have been there since Kindergarten. They all love it.
- Posted by Parent - Don
I have two kids in this school. They are very happy. Besides the best education, a safe environment is very important to me. Thank you Brooklyn Amity School.
- Posted by Parent - Frank
I have two kids studying here. This is one of the best schools in the area. You'll be stunned by quality education and state of the art facilities. Just take a tour.
- Posted by Parent - Palvan
This is a great school for every student.Amity school provides good academic education and safe environment.
- Posted by Teacher - m_mst
I have 2 kids at Brooklyn Amity School and they are very happy.
- Posted by Parent - erdem