Our Lady Of Malibu School
- Our Lady of Malibu School is committed to integrating elements of faith into the learning process.
- Recognizing parents as the primary educators of their children and the family as the heart of Catholic education, the faculty act as co-educators, supporting and enriching what families have begun with their children.
- The faculty work in partnership to foster an environment conducive to academic learning that supports the development of Catholic faith and values, and provides a strong foundation for further education.
- We endeavor to educate the whole child, physically, emotionally, intellectually, morally, and spiritually.
- Each child is uniquely gifted and talented, and we strive to help our students identify their strengths and to discover ways of developing them.
- We provide a safe and stimulating environment that meets the academic needs of each child.
- We prepare our students to be successful in college preparatory high schools and beyond.
- We offer a challenging curriculum with innovative programs, such as foreign language, the arts and music, sports, and technology.
- These create opportunities for all children to reach their full potential.
- In addition to a strong academic curriculum, we provide opportunities for service, worship and prayer, and involvement in community life.
- Since we believe that service to others is a key to living a rich, satisfying life, we strive to provide age-appropriate service learning projects for all.
- We help students reach their full potential through relationships with others by actively fostering experiences of community.
- We welcome children of all religious traditions. We believe that as these students learn about Catholic tradition and practices, they will be in a better position to understand, share and live their own religion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Karen Medrano|
- Working together, achieving excellence! Our Lady of Malibu School is in its 54th year of providing an outstanding education, with a challenging curriculum offering foreign language, technology, art, music, and enrichment programs. Our Lady of Malibu School’s curriculum has proven to be very successful. Our graduates have had a 100% acceptance rate to college preparatory schools, including Louisville High School, Crespi Carmelite High School, Marlborough School, Marymount High School, Chaminade College Preparatory High School, St. Monica Catholic High School, Notre Dame Academy, Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks, Loyola High School, Oaks Christian School, Viewpoint School, La Reina High School and Harvard/Westlake School. Our Lady of Malibu School graduates were awarded The Rev. Charles R. Gagan S.J. Scholarship as the year's highest ranking applicant at Loyola High School two years in a row. This faith-based school serves families in Malibu, Santa Monica, Agoura, Calabasas, Oxnard, and beyond. OLM provides instruction for children from kindergarten through eighth grade and is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Our comprehensive curriculum focuses on the development of the whole child: mind, body, and spirit. If you are interested in sending your child to Our Lady of Malibu School, call today to arrange for a campus tour (310) 456-8071.
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.