Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School
Tel: (562) 869-9969
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School has been educating children for over 60 years.
- As a Catholic school we pride ourselves in weekly mass attendance, a strong commitment to Christian service and daily religion classes.
- Student have the opportunity to participate in CYO Sports and a variety of clubs.
- Our Middle School is Departmentalized giving the students the valuable experience of moving from class to class and enjoying varied teaching styles. 100% of OLPH Students who apply to catholic high schools are accepted.
- The feedback we receive from the high schools is that OLPH Students are fully prepared for high and school and positioned to excel.
- Currently, OLPH Graduates are attending USC, University of California at San Diego, Chapman College, Yale University, Boston College, Georgetown University and more.
- Because of the family-like atmosphere at OLPH School our Alumni come back to visit frequently.
Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Catholic Education Association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||328 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(White polo & Plaid skirt for girls, light blue polo and navy pants for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on Parish membership. Please contact school for details.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marci Mongan|
|Admissions Associate||Teri Vaca|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Deacthlon, California Junior Scholarship Federation, Drama Club, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook Club|
Club or Organization:
Christian Service Club, Creative Writing Club, Student Council, Youthact & Interact Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Drum Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Health & Fitness Club
- Since 1948 the continuing mission of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is to foster Catholic values while meeting the spiritual, academic, social and physical needs of each student. As a Parish Ministry, Our Lady of Perpetual Help assist the parents in raising responsible, educated students able to live out the values and teachings of Christ as they meet the challenges of the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Grades: K-8 | 297 students
12320 Paramount Blvd
Downey, CA 90242
(562) 862-3210 1.9 K-8
- Santa Fe Springs Grades: PK-8 | 193 students
10855 S. Pioneer Blvd
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 864-4818 2.7 PK-8
- Downey Grades: NS-12 | 797 students
12808 Woodruff Avenue
Downey, CA 90242
(562) 803-4076 2.4 NS-12
- Downey Grades: K-5 | 106 students
8033 3rd St
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 861-1499 0.6 K-5
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.