Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School has been educating children for over 60 years.
- As a Catholic school we pride ourselves in weekly mass attendance, a strong commitment to Christian service and daily religion classes.
- Student have the opportunity to participate in CYO Sports and a variety of clubs.
- Our Middle School is Departmentalized giving the students the valuable experience of moving from class to class and enjoying varied teaching styles.
- 100% of OLPH Students who apply to catholic high schools are accepted.
- The feedback we receive from the high schools is that OLPH Students are fully prepared for high and school and positioned to excel.
- Currently, OLPH Graduates are attending USC, University of California at San Diego, Chapman College, Yale University, Boston College, Georgetown University and more.
- Because of the family-like atmosphere at OLPH School our Alumni come back to visit frequently.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Catholic Education Association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(White polo & Plaid skirt for girls, light blue polo and navy pants for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on Parish membership. Please contact school for details.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Espitia|
|Admissions Associate||Lidia Hernandez|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Deacthlon, Art Club, California Junior Scholarship Federation, Choir, Christian Service Club, Creative Writing Club, Drama Club, Drum Club, Health & Fitness Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Youthact & Interact Club Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, Drum Club, Yearbook Club, Academic Deacthlon,
California Junior Scholarship Federation,
Christian Service Club,
Creative Writing Club,
Health & Fitness Club,
Youthact & Interact Club,
- Since 1948 the continuing mission of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is to foster Catholic values while meeting the spiritual, academic, social and physical needs of each student. As a Parish Ministry, Our Lady of Perpetual Help assist the parents in raising responsible, educated students able to live out the values and teachings of Christ as they meet the challenges of the future.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bell GardensGrades: KG-8 | 136 students
6824 Toler Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
Santa Fe SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 193 students
10855 S. Pioneer Blvd
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
DowneyGrades: K-8 | 313 students
12320 Paramount Blvd
Downey, CA 90242
DowneyGrades: K-7 | 112 students
8033 3rd St
Downey, CA 90241
NorwalkGrades: NS-8 | 201 students
13817 Pioneer Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?