Our Lady Of The Assumption School Photo #2 - OLA Students strive to be Active Catholic Christians Who: * Maintain a loving relationship with god, others, and self. * Attain knowledge of the Catholic Church by learning its history, doctrine, sacraments, and rituals. * Participate fully in the Eucharist. * Develop the ability to make moral decisions. * Demonstrate the Gospel message of love and service by living responsibly,
Our Lady Of The Assumption School Photo #3 - Active learners who: * Develop their talents to the fullest. * Meet the diocesan academic standards. * Are enthusiastic, self-directed, reflective, life-long learners. * Are critical thinkers and problem-solvers. * Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, and listening. * Utilize technology competently and responsibly.
Our Lady Of The Assumption School Photo #4 - OLA Students strive to be Self-Aware individuals who: * Respect life. * Make Healthy life choices. * Demonstrate an attitude of fair play and cooperation. * Develop a deeper appreciation of art, music, and literature.
Our Lady Of The Assumption School Photo #5 - MISSION STATEMENT The faith community of Our Lady of the Assumption School strives to guide children to knowledge of Catholic teachings, to foster academic excellence through a rigorous standards-based curriculum, to provide an atmosphere of community, and to develop in each child a lifelong commitment to service. Our mission is to set patterns of thought and behavior that bring forth truly Christian responses to life situations and an awareness of his or her responsibility to God, to others, and to oneself.
Our Lady Of The Assumption School Photo #6 - Our Lady of the Assumption (OLA) Preschool & TK - The faith community of OLA Catholic School strives to guide children to knowledge of God's story and the Christian faith, to foster learning through play, to provide an atmosphere of community, and to develop in each child an attitude of service to others. OLA Preschool focuses on the total development of the child within a faith-filled community of believers.
The faith community of Our Lady of the Assumption School is based on Catholic teachings as expressed through the message of the Gospel of Jesus.
Each student is a unique creation of God. Students, in partnership with parents, teachers, staff, and the parish community, strive to grow and develop spiritually, morally, intellectually, personally, socially, physically, and culturally.
Parents are recognized as the primary educators of their children and teachers as the facilitators of learning.
The faith community of Our Lady of the Assumption School strives to guide children to knowledge of Catholic doctrine, to foster academic excellence through a rigorous standards-based curriculum, to provide an atmosphere of community, and to develop in each child an attitude of service to others.
Our mission is to set patterns of thought and behavior that bring forth truly Christian responses to life situations and an awareness of his/her responsibility to God, to others, and to oneself.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 343 students
- Average class size: 36 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Uniform for k-8th
Uniform for k-8th
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- Schoolwide Learning ExpectationsGuided by our school`s mission and philosophy, our faculty and staff work to ensure that our students grow both spiritually and intellectually. Our curriculum built upon a foundation of Catholic values, challenges our students, sets them up for success, and lays the groundwork for the college-prep classes. Throughout their time with us, our students learn to be productive, responsible, and caring citizens of our world.We guide our students, day in and day out, to achieve our Schoolwide Learning Expectations. Schoolwide learning Expectations are defined as what a student should know, understand and be able to do prior to graduation. These learning expectations have been collaboratively developed by our students, parents, teachers, staff and School Advisory Board, reflecting the Mission and Philosophy Statements of Our Lady of the Assumption School.K-3Download SLE for Grade K-3OLA students strive to be:Active Catholic Christians who:Love God, others, and selfLearn about their Catholic faithParticipate at MassLearn right from wrongAre kind to othersActive learners who:Use their talents the best they canMaster the standardsEnjoy learningBecome problem-solversEffectively write, speak, and listenUse technology effectively and responsiblyResponsible and respectful citizens who:Respect differences in othersAre peacemakersShow patriotismSelf-aware individuals who:Respect all living thingsWork to be healthyPlay fair and work well with othersAppreciate art, music, and literatureGrades 4-8Download SLE for Grade 4-8OLA students strive to be:Active Catholic Christians who:Maintain a loving relationship with God, others, and selfAttain knowledge of Catholic teachingsParticipate fully in the EucharistMake moral decisions consistent with the Catholic FaithDemonstrate the Gospel message of love and serviceActive Learners who:Develop their talents to the fullestMaster the academic standardsAre enthusiastic, self-directed, reflective, life-long learnersAre critical thinkers and problem-solversEffectively write, speak, and listenUtilize technology effectively and responsiblyResponsible and respectful citizens who:Recognize all individuals as God`s creationAre peacemakers and show empathy for othersDemonstrate patriotismSelf-aware individuals who:Respect lifeMake healthy life choicesDemonstrate an attitude of fair play and cooperationAppreciate art, music, and literature
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Our Lady Of The Assumption School offer?
Our Lady Of The Assumption School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Our Lady Of The Assumption School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Our Lady Of The Assumption School?
The application deadline for Our Lady Of The Assumption School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Our Lady Of The Assumption School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.