Our Redeemer Lutheran Preschool
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (818) 700-0390
- Redeemer Lutheran School provides a stimulating, exciting, and Christ-centered instructional curriculum for all children.
- We believe young children need opportunities to learn basic skills, concepts about the world around them and about themselves.
- The instructional program of the school stresses language, science, mathematics and perceptual motor development; these are some of the basic essentials for effective living.
- Art, music, physical education and the use of computers are taught to involve children in basic skills which allow them a variety of ways to express their feelings and perceptions.
- Teachers plan for continual growth in the social, emotional and spiritual development of each child.
- Our Extended Day Program expands on and enriches the program of the day school so that children can build upon the skills they have learned in school.
- Our Redeemer Lutheran School offers an educational atmosphere that promotes a genuine love of learning.
- Our students are taught thinking skills and communication skills, creating a strong foundation for future academic success.
- Our teachers have dedicated themselves to Christian education. Our Christian staff are carefully selected for their background in early childhood and primary education and for their sensitivity to the individual needs of young children.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We have half day programs, 9:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. programs, and full-time 7:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. programs. Call to inquire about the various very reasonable tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Gymnastics, SoccerBallet, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and soccer classes, Dance, Gymnastics, Soccer, We offer dance|
As a grandparent, I accompanied my daughter when she was searching for a preschool for my granddaughter. We toured several, but when we left ORLS, we turned to each other and said, This is the one. The teachers were kind, confident, experienced, and relaxed. It just felt like home. The grassy play spaces (there are two, one set aside for younger children) are large, with shade trees, sand boxes, and structures to develop motor skills. There are theme weeks, water play days in the summer, visits from the firemen and coast guard, and lots of arts and crafts, in a colorful indoor space. They offered a wonderful gymnastics class on site (the teacher is fabulous). The children learn math, alphabets, sequencing - all the skills they'll need to move on. When I picked up my granddaughter one afternoon, she pulled some rocks out of her pocket and tucked them into her cubby. I gave a questioning look to her teacher who just smiled and said, She likes to collect them. We just leave them there for her. That, to me, speaks volumes. Her teacher was respectful of the child's curiosity (and quirks), and had a great sense of humor and what's really important. Our granddaughter has since moved on to elementary school, but her little brother is attending now. It is a very special place, the kind we all want for our precious children. I cannot recommend it highly enought.
- Posted by Parent - eshah
My daughter has been attending ORLS for over a year now and we couldn't be happier with the school. My daughter loves going to school. The staff made her feel welcome and comfortable from her first day. We highly recommend this school based off how much our daughter has thrived and grown there socially and academically.
- Posted by Parent - Steph
My daughter attended Our Redeemer Lutheran School from ages 3-5 and my 2 year old son currently goes there. My husband and I are both teachers and we were searching for a safe and nurturing environment for our children. We found just that at Our Redeemer. We can't say enough good things about this school. My daughter left there more than ready for Kindergarten, academically and socially. She looks forward to visiting her former teachers when we pick up her brother from school. They have high expectations for the kids while allowing them to be themselves. The teachers all collaborate with each other and treat the students as if they were their own. We highly recommend Our Redeemer Lutheran School.
- Posted by Parent - lunar
This is the best hidden gem of a school around! A friend of mine told me about ORLS when I started looking for preschools. She said I would love it the minute I walked in and she was right! Sending my kids here has been one of the best decisions. The teachers and director are kind, caring and nurturing. They play and do crafts but they also make sure that the kids have the educational building blocks and foundation for the schooling that is to come in Kindergarten and beyond. I would recommend this school to anyone!! ORLS is the best preschool!!
- Posted by Parent - jenna
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.