Palm Beach Day Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #2 - PBDA places an emphasis on the health and wellness of our students. From student yoga and faculty meditation sessions to organic garden beds and our award-winning PBDA Coral Project program, our Green School of Excellence recognition is incorporated into our curriculum each and every day.
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #3 - PBDA strives to promote student-driven exploration to encourage our students to discover new ways of maintaining sustainability and healthy ways of living. From PreK-2 to ninth grade, students are taught to consider how their everyday actions impact our planet and to better understand how humans and nature are connected.
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #4 - PBDA believes in the power of movement. From the dedicated Pre-Primary playground and two activity fields on the Lower Campus, to daily athletics, Intramural, JV and Varsity sports on the Upper Campus.
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #5 - Because we believe artistic expression is an essential part of a well-rounded education, our curriculum reflects the role that creativity plays in developing critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #6 - We believe that children learn best when they are honored as individuals in an environment that is both challenging and supportive. Our students are taught to develop genuine compassion, humble respect and mutual care and support. Our community is strengthened by our students who step in to mentor one another.
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #7 - PBDA believes that learnings that take place outside of the classroom are just as important, if not more so, than the learnings inside the classroom. Daily lessons often take place outdoors where our schoolyard habitats and various gardens can serve as an experiential learning environment. We are constantly on the road, participating in place-based learning activities at local community centers
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #8 - The athletic alternative policy on PBDA's Upper Campus gives our elite student-athletes the chance to explore legitimate competitive interests outside of the PBDA curriculum while also providing each student with the full PBDA experience.
Palm Beach Day Academy Photo #9 - Our small class sizes encourage students to take an active, hands-on role in their own learning amidst an academic environment that also promotes play and camaraderie. Students live in a school culture that expects and honors personal effort, achievement, and character. Core values are an integral part of our curriculum where students are taught the value of sustained effort, focused thinking and open-mindedness.
- Established in 1921 as the first independent school in the state of Florida, Palm Beach Day Academy is proud of its history, its traditions, and its commitment to academic excellence in a compassion-rich environment.
- Whether 2 years old or a 9th grader, Palm Beach Day Academy students thrive under the guidance of experienced and dedicated teachers who challenge them to excel in mind, body, and character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||403 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition rates for the 2020-2021 school year range from $14,420 to $34,650. For more information, please visit: https://pbday.org/admissions/tuition-and-fees/.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Filauro|
|Admissions Associate||Dorothea Cvelbar|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Field Hockey,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Enrichment Program, Cartooning, Chess Club, Marine Science Outreach, Piano, Programming Club, Science, Skateboarding, STEAM Club, STEM Program, Storytime, TV Production, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts, Ceramics, Music Program, Musical Productions, Painting
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet, Cheerleading, Gymnastics, martial arts, Running
- Palm Beach Day Academy's small class sizes encourage students to take an active, hands-on role in their own learning amidst an academic environment that also promotes play and camaraderie.
- PBDA students live in a school culture that expects and honors personal effort, achievement, and character. Core values are an integral part of our curriculum where students are taught the value of sustained effort, focused thinking and open-mindedness.
- Considerable time is devoted to athletics and the arts where artists and athletes of varying ability have endless opportunities to succeed and perform. Global awareness and environmental stewardship permeate the culture of our school and students of all ages are consistently encouraged to step out of their comfort zone and participate in wide-ranging experiential learning opportunities.
- Our graduates go on to lead productive and meaningful lives beyond PBDA at top-ranked secondary and undergraduate schools, both locally and nationally. In fact, 98% of our 8th and 9th grade graduates attend their first-choice secondary school. Ultimately, these combined experiences create leaders who are thoughtful, generous and kind and will go on to make their mark in an ever-changing world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Palm Beach Grades: NS-12 | 708 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561)798-9300 8.5 NS-12
Children are encouraged intellectually and socially. I would highly recommend PBDA to any parent looking for a school that enhances children's wellbeing and development as a whole.
- Posted by Parent - Lauren
Best Private School education in Palm Beach County!
- Posted by Parent - Diana
Rich in tradition, PBDA strives for excellence and gives children the skills to excel academically, in sports, and in the arts. The one on one attention, openness, and constant interaction between facility and parents is an additional bonus. A true academic community, we can't imagine our children at any other school in southeast FLA.
- Posted by Parent - linda
PBDA is considered by many, as the best independent school in Florida, as its origins stem from founding Northeastern families, who wintered on the island many generations ago and whose high educational standards set the foundation for its current reputation as rigorous, yet balanced with sports and arts, as well as diverse demographics with a respect for tradition. Matriculation to the best New England Boarding Schools is common, as PBDA is one of the most well respected schools in this region of the country.
- Posted by Parent - deedy
PBDA has one focus, The Children(students)! From Pre-K thru 9th grade, they provide the highest quality learning experience/environment in the Palm Beaches. From student/teacher ratio to National award winning Academic programs to Family focus and tradition, PBDA delivers the total package.
- Posted by Parent - rober
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.