Palm Beach Day Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Founded in 1921, Palm Beach Day Academy is an independent day school enrolling students age two through grade nine.
- The foundation of the program is the education of our students in an academically challenging and compassion rich environment that guides each child toward personal excellence of mind, body and character.
- Our graduates are empowered to fulfill their individual potentials in their immediate school futures and beyond.
- As they move on, they will take with them the richness of our school family.
Palm Beach Day Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2015-2016 Tuition $16,250 - $29,00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,500|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Albanese|
|Admissions Associate||Dorothea Cvelbar|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Field Hockey,|
Flag Football, Golf,
- Palm Beach Day Academy is Florida’s first independent school. We serve children age 2 through ninth grade on two campuses in Palm Beach County.
- 98% of students attend their first-choice secondary school and the largest percentage continue to the nation’s ‘Most Competitive’ colleges, including the Ivy League. (Source: Barron’s Guide to the Most Competitive Colleges)
- Our teachers are among the best in the nation: 80% hold Master’s degrees and more than a third have studied at Harvard’s Project Zero. Teachers emphasize critical thinking and provide freedom for students to apply concepts in personally meaningful ways. There is a 6:1 school-wide student to teacher ratio and two full-time, fully qualified teachers in each classroom age 2 through 3rd grade.
- Palm Beach Day Academy can accommodate students with a variety of abilities. A well-defined, challenging and flexible curriculum allows many students to work above grade level.
- An intentional public speaking and writing program begins at age 2. A Museum Partnership Program and China Partnership Program are just two of many unique programs students experience at Palm Beach Day Academy. We are a family school where students develop critical thinking, confidence and integrity.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Palm Beach Grades: NS-12 | 708 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561)798-9300 8.5 NS-12
Best Private School education in Palm Beach County!
- Posted by Parent - Diana
Rich in tradition, PBDA strives for excellence and gives children the skills to excel academically, in sports, and in the arts. The one on one attention, openness, and constant interaction between facility and parents is an additional bonus. A true academic community, we can't imagine our children at any other school in southeast FLA.
- Posted by Parent - linda
PBDA is considered by many, as the best independent school in Florida, as its origins stem from founding Northeastern families, who wintered on the island many generations ago and whose high educational standards set the foundation for its current reputation as rigorous, yet balanced with sports and arts, as well as diverse demographics with a respect for tradition. Matriculation to the best New England Boarding Schools is common, as PBDA is one of the most well respected schools in this region of the country.
- Posted by Parent - deedy
PBDA has one focus, The Children(students)! From Pre-K thru 9th grade, they provide the highest quality learning experience/environment in the Palm Beaches. From student/teacher ratio to National award winning Academic programs to Family focus and tradition, PBDA delivers the total package.
- Posted by Parent - rober
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.