5.00 (4 reviews)
- Papillon Montessori School is a community of educators, children, parents and extended family committed to the Montessori philosophy.
- Dr. Maria Montessori, whose life work centered on the care and education of children, so eloquently said, " Within the child lies the fate of the future." It is our aim to facilitate the child's self-creation of the person he/she is to become.
- Papillon Montessori School was founded by Mrs. Damarys Zarling, with a vision for our children and a goal for the City of Miami Beach.
- To provide them the best environment possible in order for the children to evolve academically, spiritually, and socially, so that our children would flourish into the adults of tomorrow.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform tops, beige, navy blue or jeans bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starts at $15,700.00 plus an enrollment fee of $1000.00 for the lower levels and then it slightly increases. It is different for all levels. Tuition payments are scheduled annually, semi-annually or monthly. Please contact the Admissions office.|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Figure Skating, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Dance, Figure Skating,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Class, Basketball, Chess Club, Computer Lab, Cooking Club, Digital Art, Music Classes, Soccer, Spanish Classes, Yoga|
Club or Organization:
Robotics, Science Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Maria Montessori believed that as children develop security, safety and a feeling of trust on their way to independence, the message they are trying to convey to us through their actions and words is: "Help me do it by myself".A Montessori Toddler Environment can be seen as a place in which two basic needs of developing child from eighteen months to 3 years of age are met. One need is the bonded relationship between adult and child and the other need is support from a growing sense of self through observation and a prepared environment. The Toddler Environment has children from 18 months to 3 years of age. Order, simplicity, and aesthetics can characterize these environments in order to meet the basic needs of young children.Although the entrance age varies in individual schools, a child can usually enter a Montessori classroom at age three. They will begin with the simplest exercise based on activities which all the children enjoy. The equipment which they use at three or four will help them to develop the concentration, coordination and working habits necessary for the more advanced exercises they will perform at five and six. The entire program of learning is purposefully structured. Therefore, optimum results cannot be expected either for a child who misses the early years of the cycle, or for one who is withdrawn before they finish the Montessori Program. Elementary school introduces students to a "Cosmic Curriculum", an integrated approach to human relations through language, math, science, social studies, art, and music. It places an emphasis on learning the valuable life skills of research, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving, and in doing so moves children from concrete to abstract learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Beach Grades: NS-9 | 163 students
8625 Byron Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33141
(305)866-1471 1.2 NS-9
- Miami Beach Grades: PK-6 | 136 students
4025 Pine Tree Dr
Miami Beach, FL 33140
(305)534-8911 2.8 PK-6
- Miami Beach Grades: PK-5 | 445 students
727 Lehrman Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33141
(305)866-2771 0.6 PK-5
- Miami Beach Grades: NS-5 | 96 students
4760 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140
(305)534-8234 2.2 NS-5
- Miami Beach Grades: NS | 34 students
620 75th Street
Miami Beach, FL 33141
(305)866-2156 0.5 NS
This is a great school with wonderful teachers. I am grateful that such a sanctuary of learning and respect exists in our community! Every day when my husband and I drop off the children I know they will be safe and well cared for. Through the Montessori process and the thoughtful educators, my children learn respect and feel respected. They develop a great sense of accomplishment and self-worth through their lessons. Their scholastic advancement is immeasurable and never stops amazing me. As a physical space, Le Petit Papillon is an outstanding model for any school. There exists a positive energy by way of a natural setting that is inviting and warm. It elicits a happy feeling in anyone walking about. In that sense, I have always considered the Director's talent to be nothing short of spectacular. The financial effort my husband and I make to send our children to your school is in every way, worth it. I consider the education they are getting in these primary years - in the LPP environment - to be the best form of insurance for their future welfare and success.
- Posted by Parent - yvett
Le Petit Papillon was founded at the threshold of a new millennium with the vision of providing stimulating and enriching education to the children of Miami Beach. Ten years later, we have accomplished this dream and have scores of fulfilling memories to cherish. Every school year we have the privilege and pleasure of watching a new group of sparkling, adorable, intelligent and curious young people as they discover and interact with the world around them. Most are returning students, and it is amazing to see how much they have grown and accomplished. Some are brand new students, and it is a highlight of our year to meet these special new personalities and enjoy the unique and vibrant energy they create at our school. Our teachers and office staff do their best to provide engaging materials and absorbing subject matter to give the children the highest caliber of education possible. Our beautiful campus has received exciting new additions this past year: Twelve state-of-the-art Macintosh wide screen computers, a multi-purpose basketball court, a verdant soccer field and two lovable peacocks. Our indoor and outdoor environments provide a homelike and fun learning environment.
- Posted by Teacher - rmora
I am pleased to announce that Le Petit Papillon Montessori School has been selected for the 2011 Best of Miami Beach Award in the Montessori Schools category by the US Commerce Association (USCA). This selection as a 2011 Award Winner is a reflection of the hard work of not only the Head of School, but of many people that have supported your business and contributed to the subsequent success of your organization. Congratulations on your selection to such an elite group of small businesses.
- Posted by Administrator - petit
The best Montessori school in the City of Miami Beach with the most caring and loving teachers and assistants. Every child is special here. It is remarkable to watch my children learn, grow and mature into the outstanding people are bound to become. I chose the school for its excellent reputation, the amazingly well-prepared staff, and its dedication to the holistic education of each individual child. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a school that is not only nationally accredited and provides a high standard of academic excellence, but in addition , it seeks to allow each child to discover their gifts and talents in order to achieve their highest potential. I am a very proud mom, my children have become independent thinkers and also kind, gentle and loving people.
- Posted by Teacher - roxan
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.