Paragon Preparatory Inc
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (512) 459-5040
Paragon Prep and Primary are coed, nonsectarian, and fully accredited private schools for grades PK-8 in Austin, Texas.
Since 1997, Paragon has delivered a balanced push in a nurturing environment.
Graduates are ready for the honors program of any high school and participate in athletics, academic competitions, robotics, and community service projects.
Paragon delivers a first rate education in a small setting for students who are excited about learning.
In addition to taking on the most rigorous curriculum in town and earning up to 5 high school credits during their time here, students also have the opportunity to compete on sports teams as well as participate in a variety of electives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or shorts, collared shirts, closed-toed shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess Club, Girls Empowerment Club, Latin Club, Math Club|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
- Paragon provides a dynamic, fun, and stimulating environment in exchange for a student and parental commitment to excellence. It is this partnership that makes Paragon Prep a success and an unforgettable experience for everyone involved. Paragon produces students who are well-rounded, inquisitive, thoughtful, concerned for others, devoted to (and knowledgeable about) democratic and entrepreneurial principals. Paragon strives to inspire students to become articulate, ethical, and eager for further learning. At Paragon Prep, students are involved in a variety of academic competitions, clubs and class trips that are both educational and culturally enriching. Students are introduced to standardized test-taking strategies (SAT, ACT) and advanced study skills. Eligible students are involved in the Duke Talent Identification Program and all students become proficient in the use of technology via projects requiring Internet research and multimedia presentations. At Paragon, students are given a truly comprehensive educational experience.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 12.6 K-12
- Austin Grades: K-8 | 150 students
2007 Mccall Rd
Austin, TX 78703
(512) 478-7827 3.2 K-8
To sum it up for my family, I wished we had our son come join this school then.
- Posted by Parent - Stephanie G
(Note: I left this review on Great Schools as well). I have a 9 year old daughter enrolled in grade 3 at Paragon. This is her first year of attendance. Prior to this year she spent a total of four years at two other private school in Austin. She will leave Paragon after graduating from the 8th grade (the highest grade they teach). Here's why: 1) Phenominal academics - every subject is taught by a specialist, every child is challenged to reach their individual potential, and scores and grades reflect real learning rather than fuzzy, feel good jibber jabber; 2) Fun - they have gym twice a day! They have crazy hat day, Elvis day, Dia los Muertos, etc, etc. They take field trips to interesting places. The school "bell" is actually rock music that is chosen by the kids. It's just fun.; 3) Character Building - the kids are taught to be disciplined, upstanding citizens that are responsible for themselves and the environment in which they learn. They aren't coddled or patronized. They are given respect and they are expected to carry themselves accordingly. 4) Money - you pay your tuition and fees and that's it. Nobody is contantly bugging you for more money. This is a very, VERY, professionally run school. I cannot recommend this school more highly. Oh...and my daughter LOVES it.
- Posted by Parent - Rob R
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.