Parsippany Christian School
- Parsippany Christian School is conveniently located near the intersection of Routes 80 and 287 in Parsippany, New Jersey. The purpose of the school is to provide a sound academic education integrated with a Christian view of God and the world. Highest respect is given to the authority and principles of God's Word. Therefore, subjects are taught with a biblical emphasis. Social activities, athletics, and discipline procedures are also governed by biblical principles.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Physics, Pre-Calculus|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms are required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Philip Thibault|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
- Attendance at Parsippany Christian School is a privilege and not a right. The goals of this school are not to reform, but to train Christian youth in the highest principles of leadership, discipline, individual responsibility, good citizenship, and the principles of the Bible. Parsippany Christian School admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin, and affords them all the rights, priviliges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, tuition assistance programs, athletic, and other school administered programs. The procedure for enrollment at Parsippany Christian School is to first have an interview with the Administrator. Appointments are made through the school secretary. After the interview, the registration form should be filled out completely. The student will not be considered for enrollment until: 1. The form is completed and signed. 2. Transcripts have been received and/or testing is given (an entrance exam will be given to all new students enrolling in Grades 2 through Grade 12.) 3. Registration fee has been paid and an agreement to keep all tuition and fees current. New students must have a good record of conduct, character, attitude, and attendance from the previously attended school. The student should be at least average in his academic ability and no more than one year below his expected grade level in Parsippany Christian School in reading and math skills. Note: Parsippany Christian School may not be able to meet the needs of students who are handicapped or have certain learning disabilities. Being a private institution which does not accept government monies, we are not able to hire special education people to meet these needs. However, some learning disabilities can be met by special education teachers who come to Parsippany Christian School in the afternoons from the Essex County Educational Services. Though we may not be able to meet all of the academic needs of these children, we have successfully helped students in this category to be good Christian citizens and to function in society. All new students in Grades 1 through 12 are accepted contingent upon satisfactory completion of a nine-week probationary period. During this time, students who find it difficult to accept school policies, procedures, and discipline will be asked to withdraw. Pre-K students must be 4 years of age by October 1 of the year enrolled. Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age by October 1 of the year enrolled. Birth certificates and immunization records must be brought in for all students enrolling in the school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denville Grades: 9-12 | 413 students
200 Morris Ave
Denville, NJ 07834
(973)627-6674 7.7 9-12
- Wharton Grades: PK-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
(973)366-0309 12 PK-8
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.