Philadelphia Christian School
Tel: (706) 625-3233
- Purpose: Our purpose is to provide quality academic training with a Christ-centered curriculum in a Christian environment and to develop young people who will be faithful servants and witnesses for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Mission Statement: Our desire is to instill within the young people a properChristian philosophy of life based upon the Word of God and to seethem come to love the Lord Jesus Christ with all their heart, mind, and soul.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Georgia Association of Christian Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Girls: dresses/skirts Boys: slacks & collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,500|
|Tuition Notes||This includes all fees, books, and tuition. Multiple child discounts and 10 month payment plan available. Half day pricing available for K3-K5.|
|Admissions Director||Will Allen|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- What We Offer:
- We exclusively use the Abeka Curriculum for grades K3-12. Every subject is approached from a Christian perspective, and you`ll find Scripture and biblical principles used to emphasize or illustrate concepts. You can learn more about Abeka by visiting www.abeka.com.
- Each of our classes are taught by qualified educators, who are committed to the academic and spiritual success of each student. Our teachers understand the responsibility of the ministry and have sacrificed to serve the Lord in this area.
- We offer a combination K3-K4 class, a K5 class, and a combination 1st-2nd grade class in a traditional classroom setting. The combination 3rd 4th grade and 5th 6th grade classes use a sequence of traditional teaching as well as the Abeka Master Video Program.
- Our 7th through 12th grade classes use the Abeka Master Video Program from the Pensacola Christian Academy. This program allows us to provide traditional classroom instruction to each child at his own grade level.
- Our students graduate through the accreditation program offered through the Abeka Academy which is recognized by colleges and universities nation wide.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Calhoun Grades: PK-8 | 111 students
450 Academy Dr Sw
Calhoun, GA 30701
(706) 629-1578 7.9 PK-8
- Adairsville Grades: PK-2 | 12 students
127 Summer St
Adairsville, GA 30103
(770) 877-9105 9.2 PK-2
- Ranger Grades: 2-10 | 20 students
873 T Johnson Rd
Ranger, GA 30734
(706) 629-7729 9.9 2-10
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?