5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of Georgia-Cumberland Academy is to foster an educational environment of excellence where students, faculty and staff pursue a shared goal: to know Jesus as Savior and Friend, to love God and those He brings into our lives, to serve the church and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CalhounGrades: PK-8 | 105 students
450 Academy Dr Sw
Calhoun, GA 30701
- AdairsvilleGrades: PK-11 | 29 students
118 E George St
Adairsville, GA 30103
- RomeGrades: NS-12 | 361 students
2960 New Calhoun Highway NE
Rome, GA 30161
- Mount BerryGrades: K-8 | 140 students
P.O. Box 490247
Mount Berry, GA 30149
- ChatsworthGrades: K-12 | 38 students
7624 Highway 225 South
Chatsworth, GA 30705
I love GCA!! There are amazing sports (even gymnastics) and music programs! The teachers are very qualified and are great at explaining things. The dorm life is structured, yet you have freedom. The other staff, especially the deans, are very supportive and friendly. There aren't really any cliques, almost all the students are very acceptable of each other. The spiritual atmosphere is amazing and you really learn how to better your walk with God. The campus and buildings are beautiful and well-maintained. Another bonus is the dorm rooms have tons of storage!!...I''d recommend it to anyone!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hanke
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.