Phyl's Academy Prep
Tel: (718) 469-9400
- Phyl’s Academy is an independent coed school located in the historically rich, culturally diverse borough of Brooklyn.
- In our nurturing environment we have created an atmosphere to foster the development of each student as a whole - emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially.
- "Educating’ at Phyl’s Academy is about providing experience- based activities, with teacher as facilitator and students as scientists, artists, creators and discoverers of knowledge.
- Through hands on, cross-curricular activities, students collaborate and explore. As they learn, they intrinsically absorb life lessons and observe the value of seemingly abstract subjects in the greater world.
- Along with nurturing our students as complete beings, we strive to encourage solid values – confidence, caring, a respect for others, self-motivation and responsibility for one’s own learning.
- The school accommodates students from Nursery to Fifth Grade through fully accredited Early Childhood, Elementary School, After School, and Summer Camp programs.
- In addition to our well-rounded curriculum, our extra curricular programs provide opportunities for students to enhance their creativity, and expand their social and cultural awareness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-K | 66 students
3924 Church Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
(718) 282-6944 0.3 PK-K