Welcome to the Pocoshock KinderCare. We are very excited to meet with you and your family.
We believe in developing the whole child with an emphasis on assisting your child's growth with their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
Here at the Pocoshock KinderCare, our parents consider us to be a part of their families.
Your child will not only have a safe, secure, and stimulating environment to learn in, but will have support from a team of caring and dedicated teachers.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the KinderCare Learning Center located on Pocoshock Blvd. We are conveniently located close to both the Powhite Parkway and Chippenham Highway. We take great pride in teaching and watching each and every child learn and grow with us. We offer an excellent literacy-based education curriculum as well as many extra enrichment programs. With designated learning centers such as dramatic play and blocks in every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and child-initiated discovery. Everything we do is designed with purpose and opportunity to teach skills that serve as building blocks for a lifetime of learning. So, whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we're excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning!
- We provide a safe and nurturing ''home away from' environment. Health and safety is just as important to us as it is to our families. Safety starts right at the front door with keypad entry and individual family codes for signing in and out each day. We take every measure to make sure each of our children are protected and cared for at all times. Our teachers are trained frequently on proper safety techniques from CPR/First Aid to proper food handling. We follow state licensing guidelines for safety inside and outside of our center. You can find these guidelines at http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/child_care/licensed/child_day_centers/
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Yes -All counties - NACCRRA
Endorse Pocoshock KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.