Preschool Play House/funland
- Pre-School Playhouse/Funland is the first, private, fully accredited/registered nursery school and kindergarten in Rockland County.
- We are experts with young children and our staff is mature and experienced.
- The children are introduced to many daily adventures in music, numbers, letters and social skills.
- But first and foremost, they will be having fun in a safe and secure environment.
- Our readiness program teaches reading, math, science, music and social skills in a natural and developmental manner.
- We use weekly themes enhanced by fun and creative activities.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garnerville Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
29 Cinder Rd
Garnerville, NY 10923
(845)947-1330 9.5 PK-8
- New Windsor Grades: PK-K | 96 students
63 Lawrence Ave
New Windsor, NY 12553
(845)565-6112 28.2 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.