Providence Christian School
- Providence Christian School, a ministry of First Presbyterian Church in Dothan, Alabama.
- Providence, established in 1995, strives to be a school that touches the whole family and encourages all students to become all that God calls them to be.
- By God's grace we are striving to be a school that impacts the entire family and encourages each student to become all that God calls him to be.
- The School exists as a ministry of First Presbyterian Church in partnership with the families of the Wiregrass Community who share FPC's vision for classical, Christ-centered education.
- This educational model emphasizes character development and academic excellence. The families associated with the school will be seen as having the primary responsibility for the spiritual, intellectual, and physical instruction of the children.
- The school's aim is to provide a loving atmosphere that compliments a godly home.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||639 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dothan Grades: K-12 | 98 students
2574 Westgate Parkway
Dothan, AL 36303
(334)794-8222 3.6 K-12
- Dothan Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
617 Westgate Pkwy
Dothan, AL 36303
(334)793-3399 2.8 PK-8
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.