- Montessori is a philosophy and method of education which emphasizes the potential of the very young child, and which develops his potential by utilizing specially trained teachers and special teaching materials.
- Montessori education recognizes in the child a natural curiosity and desire to learn, while Montessori materials awaken this desire and channel his curiosity into a learning experience which the child enjoys.
- Montessori materials help the child to understand what he learns, by associating an abstract concept with a concrete sensorial experience.
- In this manner, Montessori is actually learning and not just memorizing.
- The Montessori Method stresses that children learn and progress at their own pace.
- Fast learners are not held back, and slow learners are not frustrated by their inability to keep up.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||892 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- Founded in 1976, Rainbow Montessori began on a small school site in Campbell. Operations expanded over the years to include six more small school sites located across the South Bay Area. In the mid-80's, those seven small schools were consolidated into three larger schools, which were eventually consolidated into the current site, located on the former campus of Sunnyvale High School. Our current site affords us the space to provide care and education for over 900 children, ranging in age from six weeks to 12 years. The Montessori program is utilized in all preschool, kindergarten, and elementary classrooms.
Profile last updated: 01/13/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CampbellGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
90 E Latimer Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
- SaratogaGrades: PK-8 | 337 students
13601 Saratoga Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070
- San JoseGrades: NS-K | 95 students
1170 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
- Los AltosGrades: PK-8 | 261 students
625 Magdalena Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94024
- Mountain ViewGrades: K-8 | 35 students
320 Moorpark Way
Mountain View, CA 94041
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.