- Montessori is a philosophy and method of education which emphasizes the potential of the very young child, and which develops his potential by utilizing specially trained teachers and special teaching materials.
- Montessori education recognizes in the child a natural curiosity and desire to learn, while Montessori materials awaken this desire and channel his curiosity into a learning experience which the child enjoys.
- Montessori materials help the child to understand what he learns, by associating an abstract concept with a concrete sensorial experience.
- In this manner, Montessori is actually learning and not just memorizing.
- The Montessori Method stresses that children learn and progress at their own pace.
- Fast learners are not held back, and slow learners are not frustrated by their inability to keep up.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||892 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1
National avg.: 13:1
- Founded in 1976, Rainbow Montessori began on a small school site in Campbell. Operations expanded over the years to include six more small school sites located across the South Bay Area. In the mid-80's, those seven small schools were consolidated into three larger schools, which were eventually consolidated into the current site, located on the former campus of Sunnyvale High School. Our current site affords us the space to provide care and education for over 900 children, ranging in age from six weeks to 12 years. The Montessori program is utilized in all preschool, kindergarten, and elementary classrooms.
Profile last updated: 01/13/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San JoseGrades: NS-K | 95 students
1170 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
SaratogaGrades: PK-8 | 391 students
13601 Saratoga Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070
CampbellGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
90 E Latimer Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
San JoseGrades: NS-8 | 383 students
3435 Birchwood Lane
San Jose, CA 95132
San JoseGrades: NS-5 | 138 students
5100 Camden ave
San Jose, CA 95124
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.