- Montessori is a philosophy and method of education which emphasizes the potential of the very young child, and which develops his potential by utilizing specially trained teachers and special teaching materials.
- Montessori education recognizes in the child a natural curiosity and desire to learn, while Montessori materials awaken this desire and channel his curiosity into a learning experience which the child enjoys.
- Montessori materials help the child to understand what he learns, by associating an abstract concept with a concrete sensorial experience.
- In this manner, Montessori is actually learning and not just memorizing.
- The Montessori Method stresses that children learn and progress at their own pace.
- Fast learners are not held back, and slow learners are not frustrated by their inability to keep up.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||977 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Founded in 1976, Rainbow Montessori began on a small school site in Campbell. Operations expanded over the years to include six more small school sites located across the South Bay Area. In the mid-80's, those seven small schools were consolidated into three larger schools, which were eventually consolidated into the current site, located on the former campus of Sunnyvale High School. Our current site affords us the space to provide care and education for over 900 children, ranging in age from six weeks to 12 years. The Montessori program is utilized in all preschool, kindergarten, and elementary classrooms.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: NS-K | 95 students
1170 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
(408)723-5140 10.4 NS-K
- Atascadero Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
3025 Monterey Rd
Atascadero, CA 93422
(805)466-5068 149.5 PK-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 36.6 PK-8
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.