- The Reece School specializes in providing standards driven instruction in a caring therapeutic environment to psychologically fragile elementary age students.
- The school is ungraded but maintains high standards of academic intervention while also addressing the clinical needs of its students through the provision of speech, occupational therapy and counseling.
- The Reece School accepts students with the IEP clasifications of Speech Impaired, Learning Disabled, Emotional Disturbed and Other Health Impaired.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no formal uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||School if a funded State supported facility which does not charge tuition to parents|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
- New YorkGrades: K-5 | 83 students
48 W 74th St
New York, NY 10023
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
- New YorkGrades: K-9 | 185 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 819 students
312 East 95th Street
New York, NY 10128
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.