Tel: (212) 289-4872
- The Reece School specializes in providing standards driven instruction in a caring therapeutic environment to psychologically fragile elementary age students.
- The school is ungraded but maintains high standards of academic intervention while also addressing the clinical needs of its students through the provision of speech, occupational therapy and counseling.
- The Reece School accepts students with the IEP clasifications of Speech Impaired, Learning Disabled, Emotional Disturbed and Other Health Impaired.
Reece School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no formal uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||School if a funded State supported facility which does not charge tuition to parents|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: Inquire with school | 121 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-8660 4.4 Inquire with school
- New York Grades: K-12 | 398 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212) 722-0610 3.8 K-12
- New York Grades: K-5 | 83 students
48 W 74th St
New York, NY 10023
(212) 721-8888 1.7 K-5
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.