La Scuola D'italia
Tel: (212) 369-3290
- La Scuola is an English/Italian bilingual school, offering an international education to a diverse student body.
- The academically rigorous curriculum provides a strong foundation in liberal arts, mathematics and science; total immersion in foreign languages from the outset; in-depth study and appreciation of American, European and Italian civilizations and cultures.
- The bilingual curriculum is open to English speaking students, as the languages of learning are both Italian and English.
- English students not yet familiar with Italian receive special support in this subject.
- Full immersion and the interaction with children of different nationalities facilitate their learning of a foreign language.
- Our diplomas are honored both in the United States and in the European Union, and students can transfer from and to other schools in both countries.
- We are proud to offer an encouraging and stimulating environment, new spacious facilities at Middle School level, and to avail ourselves of skillful and competent teachers.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Snowboarding, Soccer, VolleyballSnowboarding, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Creative Writing, Drama, Drawing and Painting, Instrumental Music Lessons, Music Theory, Photography, Poetry, Video Production
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212) 423-5200 0.4 K-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 957 students
291 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212) 724-6360 0.6 PK-12
- New York Grades: 6-12 | 185 students
132 W 60th St
New York, NY 10023
(212) 582-3116 2 6-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.