- Reid School, a private school located in Salt Lake City, enrolls students from early preschool through ninth grade.
- Its strength lies in the specific teaching techniques used by its teachers; a hands-on approach in teaching the content subjects of mathematics, science, health, and social studies; an emphasis on comprehension and study skills in reading, writing, and speaking; specialists working in fine arts, crafts, and physical fitness; a scheduling and record keeping system that allows individualization with teacher direction; and flexibility and reinforcement that motivate students to work above grade level.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
National Middle School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki and navy blue pants, four color golf shirts with logo, and formal field trip uniform for special events)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,720|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary for grade levels; please see website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Ethna R. Reid|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, VolleyballBasketball, Fencing,|
Since 1987, Reid School has provided academic instruction to students in Salt Lake City, Utah. Today, we are proud to be the first private school completely dedicated to the use of the Exemplary Center for Reading Instruction (ECRI), and we pride ourselves on the outstanding academic achievements that we help cultivate in our students.
The simultaneous instruction that we offer our students focuses on subjects such as reading, spelling, oral language, writing, comprehension, and general study skills. Also integrated into our program is instruction in literature, mathematics, social studies, science, and the fine arts. By teaching students how to use their time wisely, At Reid School, every child will learn.
Our Strengths Become Your Children`s Strengths
The quality, innovative, and caring instruction that Reid School students receive play an important role in their educational and social development. Our customized instruction results in higher academic scores, yet still allows for children to enjoy themselves.
Students of Reid School can benefit from our:
- Hands-on approach to teaching subject matter
- ECRI teaching techniques
- Specialists who instruct classes in all subjects
- Personalized scheduling and record-keeping system
- Emphasis on specific study skills and reading comprehension
- Flexible teaching methods
- Diverse instructional techniques
At Reid School, your child will gain 100% mastery of all basic subjects, and you as parents will always be encouraged to stay actively involved. We are here to assist in the development of our students` individual talents and build their self-confidence. We have been doing exactly this for the past two decades and beyond. We are accredited by AdvancED and we have been nationally validated by the United States Department of Education. At Reid School, we are committed to our students. We invite you to become part of our family today!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South JordanGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
11100 S. Redwood Road
South Jordan, UT 84095
- Salt Lake CityGrades: K-8 | 427 students
668 S 1300 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-6 | 203 students
2416 East 1700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-12 | 943 students
720 Guardsman Way and 843 S Lincoln Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- SandyGrades: PK-8
10685 S. 1000 East
Sandy, UT 84094
My granddaughter is in preschool at Reid and we are extremely excited about her progress in such a short time. She only attends 3 days a week and her most frequent question is, "can I go everyday". The school is just different, and their philosophy is the child comes first and I see the results of that with my granddaughter everyday. I would highly recommend that you start your child's education at Reid, you will be pleased that you did.
- Posted by Parent - 4free
Both of my children have attended Reid school since preschool. I drop them off to school each day knowing that they are in good hands. Reid school offers a great education and a sense of family. If you want to understand more about Reid School philosophy, I encourage you to read the book called The Influencer by Kerry Patterson. This school is much more than penmanship.
- Posted by Parent - shilo
We could not be more happy with our decision to have our 2 daughters attend Reid School for the past 5 years. Reid has given them the opportunity to excel academically in a safe, nurturing environment. Their test scores certainly reflect this, but their happy attitude about school is an even greater indicator that the teachers at Reid have provided them with a solid base on which to build their life-long love of learning.
- Posted by Parent - ljcha