Resurrection Catholic School & Preschool
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Resurrection Catholic School offers... *Full-day & half-day Preschoool through grade 8 *Full-day kindergarten *Student Service Opportunities *Before and After School Care *Tuition Assistance *Monthly School Liturgies *Middle School Electives within an Innovative Middle School Format *Gifted & Talented Enrichment *Accelerated Math Program *Resource Center Progam *Middle States Accreditation *Certified Teachers *A staff of experienced, committed teaching professionals that continue to use the latest technologies and methods.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Math & Language Arts Resource Room available|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Scale is Stewardship based, with different rates for Catholic & Non-Catholic students. Discounts apply for 2nd & 3rd child in K-8; 4th child is free|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Hertline|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Middle School Choir, Middle School Service Club, Middle School Student Council, News Team (7th & 8th grade), Pipers (student service club) for grades 3-5, Scouts, Student Ambassador Program
Arts and Music Programs:
8th Grade Musical, Broadway Kids Musical for grades 3 - 5, Talent Show & Middle School Open Mic Night
- Finding the best environment for their child`s education is one of the most important decisions that a parent will make. At Resurrection Catholic School, in Cherry Hill, we offer a faith-based environment where students are challenged to reach their potential academically, spiritually, and socially. Each day students, parents, and teachers work in partnership to support one another and to reach common goals. As a result, our students thrive in this family-like environment where the focus is to develop the whole child.
- RCS proudly serves students from throughout the area, including those from Cherry Hill, Haddonfield, Maple Shade, Marlton, Mt. Laurel, Pennsauken, and Voorhees. We offer half-day and full-day preschool and full-day kindergarten through grade 8. The faculty at RCS strives to provide their students with a quality Catholic education, and the preschool was expanded in 2015 to meet the growing academic expectations of full-day kindergarten.
- With a strong enrollment, RCS offers students the opportunity to participate in various hands-on activities within the school day. The Middle School students run a daily, live newscast in which they develop writing and technology skills in an engaging and fun way. In science, students explore concepts to deepen their understanding through observation and experimentation. All students participate in community service projects such as making toys for a local animal shelter or sandwich making for Cathedral Kitchen. They collect food weekly for the Cherry Hill Food Pantry; and participate in monthly Dollar Dress Down Days donating the money to a different charity each month. In this way, students actively practice their faith. A new Gymnasium and Parish Center opening in October will provide the school their own venue for performing arts and basketball, further expanding opportunities to participate in activities outside the typical school day. These activities, paired with the school`s outstanding academics, help shape Resurrection Catholic students into well-rounded individuals who go on to achieve great success in both Catholic and public school settings.
- For 2016, RCS has a new Principal, Mrs. Molly Webb. A Haddonfield resident, Mrs. Webb taught 1st grade at the school for several years, then moved to Cherry Hill Public Schools, before returning "home" to RCS. Her motto is "learning to love, while loving to learn", believing that children learn to love by actively exploring their faith each day, and they love learning when provided with daily lessons that engage, challenge, and expand their thinking. Mrs. Webb and the teachers will work hard to build upon past successes and plan new and innovative ways to reach their students.Find out firsthand what makes RCS great (www.rcscherryhill.com). Visit for an Open House, take a tour, or arrange for your child to shadow. Contact Mrs. Alli Smith in the school`s Advancement Office at (856) 667-3034, ext. 254 or email@example.com for additional information.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Haddonfield Grades: PK-8 | 338 students
164 Hopkins Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
(856)429-2084 2.8 PK-8
- Marlton Grades: K-8 | 414 students
101 Evans Rd
Marlton, NJ 08053
(856)983-0774 5.8 K-8
- Cherry Hill Grades: PK-12 | 325 students
5 Carnegie Plaza
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
(856)489-6720 1.6 PK-12
- Cherry Hill Grades: NS-8 | 166 students
720 Cooper Landing Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856)667-1013 1 NS-8
Beautiful school, great teachers and a forward-thinking principle! My son needed some additional support and the school provided it. They have a full-time counselor, music and broadway program.
- Posted by Parent - Dad
My daughter started kindergarten this year and is so excited every day to go to school. The teachers are incredibly patient and kind. Academically, her progress has far exceeded my expectations. She is challenged but in a loving environment. The whole staff, faculty, and principles are very supportive of the children and their intellectual and moral development. Communication has been great and they are very transparent. Cannot say enough good things about the school!!
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
Wonderful new principal! Awesome new gym. Great, family-oriented school community.
- Posted by Parent - A Dad
Wonderful school and staff. Very well organized to the betterment of the students. Top Notch Education!
- Posted by Parent - tlope
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.