Robert F Munroe Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Robert F. Munroe Day School provides its K-12 students with a college preparatory educational experience in a unique and beautiful environment in Gadsden County.
- In an era of metal detectors and school resource officers in too many Florida schools, our students are part of a safe and supportive campus community where the teacher/student ratio is 1/9, and teachers are deeply involved in both classroom and extracurricular activities.
- RFM offers a well-rounded curriculum, which is based upon strong language arts and reading programs.
- Munroe's course offerings provide an excellent background for post-secondary education, including dual-enrollment college and AP courses.
- We offer honors courses in math, science, history, and English.
- We have a broad-ranging history program with courses spanning ancient civilization through current events.
- In addition to academic courses, RFM also offers a fine arts curriculum including both visual arts and music.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, ENC1101, ENC1102, Honors in several academic classes,|
|Average SAT score||1045|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,250|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships, based on need, are applied for in January for following school term. McKay and Step Up For Students are accepted if the student is accepted by the admissions committee as a qualified student.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rosalyn Fenn|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anchor Club, Brain Brawl Teams, Junior and Senior Beta Clubs, Key Club, Paw Print newspaper, Reflections yearbook, Student Council, SWAT Anchor Club, Key Club, SWAT, Brain Brawl Teams,|
Junior and Senior Beta Clubs,
Paw Print newspaper,
- Robert F. Munroe Day School offers a challenging, well-rounded curriculum taught by enthusiastic and qualified personnel in an atmosphere of mutual respect that fosters supportive parent/ teacher/ student communication and encourages academic and personal growth for all students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HavanaGrades: K-12 | 233 students
5840 Havana Hwy
Havana, FL 32333
- TallahasseeGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
3000 N Meridian Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. Their class sizes are small and the teachers are amazing! The students use IPad's and the classrooms all have smart boards. It has a true family feel and they take each students success very personally. Take a tour, you will fall in love!
- Posted by Parent - holly
Robert F Munroe Day School is a very special place! They had been in the community for over 46 years and truly take pride in educating children for the future. I know quite a few families from here and everyone is very happy with the education their kids are getting. 100% of their students graduate from high school while 99% go on to college! #rfmunroe #rfmdayschool
- Posted by Parent - holly
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.