Robert F Munroe Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Robert F. Munroe Day School was incorporated in 1969 and our first classes began in 1970. It was created to serve the private school educational needs of Gadsden County and the surrounding area.
- Robert F. Munroe Day School provides its K-12 students with a college preparatory educational experience in a unique and beautiful environment in Gadsden County.
- In an era of metal detectors and school resource officers in too many Florida schools, our students are part of a safe and supportive campus community where the teacher/student ratio is 1/9, and teachers are deeply involved in both classroom and extracurricular activities.
- RFM offers a well-rounded curriculum, which is based upon strong Language Arts and Reading programs.
- Munroe's course offerings provide an excellent background for post-secondary education, including dual-enrollment college and AP courses.
- We offer AP and Honors courses in Math, Science, History, and English.
- We have a broad-ranging History program with courses spanning ancient civilization through current events.
- In addition to academic courses, RFM also offers a Fine Arts curriculum including both Visual Arts and Music.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Computer, ENC1101, ENC1102, Environmental Science, Honors in several academic classes, Human Geography, Psychology, Studio Art|
|Average SAT score||1014|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform required for lower school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships, based on need, are applied for in January for following school term. AAA Scholarships, Gardiner,McKay and Step Up For Students are accepted if the student is accepted by the admissions committee as a qualified student.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alice Sanderson|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Potter|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anchor Club, Art Club, Beta Club, Book Club, Brain Brawl, Brain Brawl Teams, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, FFA, Fishing Club, Honor Board, Interact Club, International/Multicultural Club, Junior and Senior Beta Clubs, Key Club, Leadership Club, Music Club, Photography Club, Reflections yearbook, Robotics/Engineering Club, Science Club, Senior Club, Student Council, Student Government
- Robert F. Munroe Day School offers a challenging, well-rounded curriculum taught by enthusiastic and qualified personnel in an atmosphere of mutual respect that fosters supportive parent/ teacher/ student communication and encourages academic and personal growth for all students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Archer Grades: PK-8 | 101 students
12425 SW 154th St
Archer, FL 32618
(352)495-2728 152 PK-8
- Callahan Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
1933 West State Road 200
Callahan, FL 32011
(904)225-5265 170.9 PK-12
I am so pleased with the experiences my child has had at Munroe. This year my child will be entering the 12th grade. Recently I met with the Head of School in a one-on-one parent meeting he has with every senior family. The Head of School works with our family in going through all the options for college an beyond. He cared about my child's future and the dreams we have for him. It was at that moment that I truly realized our child was at a unique place, one in which everyone cares about the family and wants the best for every student.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. Their class sizes are small and the teachers are amazing! The students use IPad's and the classrooms all have smart boards. It has a true family feel and they take each students success very personally. Take a tour, you will fall in love!
- Posted by Parent - holly
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.