Cornerstone Learning Community
- Cornerstone Learning Community's mission is to inspire and empower compassionate, global learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||208 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Apr. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool 5 Half Days (Mon-Fri): $6050Preschool 5 Full Days (Mon-Fri): $8400Kindergarten: $8550First Grade- Fifth Grade: $8700Sixth Grade- Eighth Grade: $9100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Patty Backes|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Music Lessons, National Geographic GeoBee, Scripps Spelling Bee, Yoga|
Club or Organization:
Brain Bowl, Model UN, Solar Car Competition
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Preschool & Kindergarten: Our preschool-serving 3 and 4-year olds-and kindergarten programs are joyous beginnings to a life-long love of learning. Our play-based approach honors the wonder, interests and imaginations of our youngest learners.
- Elementary: Our elementary program individualizes learning though both independent and collaborative experiences. Learners encounter challenges that transform their curiosity into innovation and their wonder into possibilities. Projects, service and rich discourse are daily fare.
- Middle: Our authorized International Baccalaureate middle years program matches high standards with differentiated instruction to engage diverse learners. Traditional subjects integrate engineering, design and inquiry-based research. Students graduate as problem solvers with critical thinking capabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallahassee Grades: PK-1 | 100 students
1815 N. Meridian Road
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850)422-2464 3.2 PK-1
- Tallahassee Grades: 1-12 | 43 students
615 Tuskegee St
Tallahassee, FL 32305
(850)575-4826 4.8 1-12
- Tallahassee Grades: K-8 | 48 students
3324 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850)296-9199 1.2 K-8
Cornerstone exemplifies what a great learning environment is meant to be: engaging, nurturing, challenging, creative, peaceful, and fun. The teachers are smart, calm, patient, and caring, and are able to give the children what they need physically, emotionally, and mentally. We need more schools like Cornerstone, and our children deserve the kind of education Cornerstone is able to offer.
- Posted by Parent - gratefulparent
Cornerstone teaches children how to be successful in life. Kids and parents bond with the Community and it is a learning experience for all involved. The teachers are wonderful and the kids are happy to be there. This is not a school for parents who don't have time to get involved in their child's education.
- Posted by Parent - linda
Cornerstone is an amazing school. They teach children to love learning and offer an engaging and challenging curriculum. The parental involvement is great too. The overall feel of the school is warm and welcoming.
- Posted by Parent - fsumo