5.00 (4 reviews)
Maclay School Photo #2 - Maclay School develops PreK-12 students into unstoppable learners and leaders who are inspired to make an impact, determined to fulfill their potential, and driven to take control of their futures.
- Maclay School is an independent, non-sectarian college preparatory school dedicated to providing a liberal arts education, enabling each student to develop inherent ability to the fullest extent with a balance of discipline and freedom.
- Maclay School supports its students in fulfilling their potential academically, emotionally, physically, and artistically.
- Its purpose is to establish and maintain a curriculum designed to teach creatively the liberal arts; to create a civilized community of learning guided by a dedicated faculty of superior qualifications; to provide patient and understanding ways to challenge each student; to engender by teaching and example self-discipline, hard work, integrity, and persistence at school and at home; to stimulate each student to inquire, learn, recognize obligations, develop self-respect, and understand others; to build a meaningful spirit among students, parents, faculty, and community by faithful fulfillment of the Maclay School mission and philosophy; and to prepare well-balanced students able to meet the future challenges of higher education, service to others, and life, with wisdom and fortitude.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||979 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||106 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||2D Studio Art, 3D Studio Art, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, French Language and Culture, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Mobile Computer Science Principles, Music Theory, Physics I, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art: Drawing Portfolio, US Government and Politics, US Government and Politics, US History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(LS and MS have Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,025|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid Available. Tuition rates vary visit www.maclayadmissions.com|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michael Obrecht|
|Admissions Associate||Garret Robinson|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- We welcome prospective families to complete application. There may be other requirements such as teacher recommendations, admissons testing, academic history, and interview with the admissions director as part of the admissions process.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallahassee Grades: PK-12 | 149 students
2532 W Tharpe St
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850)385-5920 5.2 PK-12
- Tallahassee Grades: 1-11 | 21 students
1268b Timberlane Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
(850)893-8743 1.7 1-11
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-12 | 2436 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954)492-4135 390.7 PK-12
As alumni, I had a great experience at Maclay. I feel I received a wonderful education and was surrounded by kind friends and supportive faculty and staff. As a parent of students attending Maclay, I see those qualities continue in this school. We are very pleased with the education our kids are receiving there and the attributes of hard work, kindness, fun, and character that are being reinforced at school.
- Posted by Parent - SBM
We have three children at Maclay and all are different learners. They have many opportunities available to them and have found success while discovering their passion. We have been thrilled with the education they are receiving faculty is exceptional and always willing to go the extra mile for their students. I know they will be prepared for college and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - GLKR
Great Upper School teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Our kids have attended Maclay since middle school (now high schoolers). Transitioning the kids to Maclay at middle school was the perfect time. We feel confident both kids are receiving an excellent education with a focus on college prep. Each kid focuses on their unique academic, athletic and extracurricular desires and strengths. Maclay is a wonderful community of staff, students, and very engaged families.
- Posted by Parent - Maclay Parent of High Schoolers
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.