- Maclay School is an independent, non-sectarian college preparatory school dedicated to providing a liberal arts education, enabling each student to develop inherent ability to the fullest extent with a balance of discipline and freedom.
- Maclay School supports its students in fulfilling their potential academically, emotionally, physically, and artistically.
- Its purpose is to establish and maintain a curriculum designed to teach creatively the liberal arts; to create a civilized community of learning guided by a dedicated faculty of superior qualifications; to provide patient and understanding ways to challenge each student; to engender by teaching and example self-discipline, hard work, integrity, and persistence at school and at home; to stimulate each student to inquire, learn, recognize obligations, develop self-respect, and understand others; to build a meaningful spirit among students, parents, faculty, and community by faithful fulfillment of the Maclay School mission and philosophy; and to prepare well-balanced students able to meet the future challenges of higher education, service to others, and life, with wisdom and fortitude.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1005 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||101 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||27|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Visit www.maclayadmissions.com|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michael Obrecht|
|Admissions Associate||Garret Robinson|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TallahasseeGrades: PK-12 | 520 students
3000 N Meridian Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
- TallahasseeGrades: 1-11 | 21 students
1268b Timberlane Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.