Holy Comforter Episcopal School Inc
5.00 (13 reviews)
Holy Comforter Episcopal School Inc Photo #2 - Outside play in developmentally appropriate spaces for all children.
Holy Comforter Episcopal School Inc Photo #3 - Middle School students attend classes and participate in clubs, NJHS, Interact, electives and after-school sports. Electives include: Musical Theater, Economics, Forensic Science, Guitar, Speech & Debate, Journalism, 3D Art, and Band - just to name a few!
Holy Comforter Episcopal School Inc Photo #4 - STEM is an integral part of the curriculum for all students.
- Holy Comforter Episcopal School believes each child is a unique creation of God.
- Our mission is to nourish the spirit, challenge the mind, and strengthen the body in a Christian environment, encouraging each child to achieve his or her maximum potential as a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2015-2016 ranged by grade from $6,400 - $10,995|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nena Martinez|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Derstine, Registrar|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Certamen - Latin, Flag Football, Intramural Sports for 3rd - 5th Graders, Lego League Robotics, National Junior Honor Society, Skeet Shooting
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Lower School Student Council, Musical Theater - Middle School
- HCES has a long history of academic excellence by offering an enriched learning environment based on Christian principles enhancing the mind, body and spirit of all of our students. At HCES we strive to instill habits and attitudes conducive to academic achievement, responsible behavior, positive nurturing relationships, respect for others and maturity. Our goal is to educate the whole child.
- All students in grades PK-3 through 5th grade study Spanish. In Middle School, foreign language is a core class, students choosing between French, Latin, and Spanish.
- Students 5th grade and below receive instruction from Specialist teachers in Physical Education, Art, Music, Spanish, STEM (Science, Technology, Enginering and Math), and from the Media Specialist. Students in K - 8th grade also have access to a Maker Space which includes two 3D printers!
- Technology is integrated into instruction beginning in preschool. We are a one-to-one school in Kindergarten - 5th grade, providing an I-Pad or Macbook for every student. In Middle School, we are BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) made possible by the use of Google Docs.
- The Middle School Rotating Block Schedule allows for a longer time per class with more time for application and higher level thinking skills.
- The Middle School offers High School credit for classes in Foreign Language, Mathematics and Physical Education/Health.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallahassee Grades: PK-12 | 298 students
4859 Kerry Forest Pkwy
Tallahassee, FL 32309
(850)893-6628 4.3 PK-12
I am very pleased with the education my son is receiving at HCES. The faculty and staff create a warm, loving, and challenging environment that has made learning fun and exciting for my son. I could not be happier with the education that is provided at HCES.
- Posted by Parent - Allison
My children attended Holy Comforter Episcopal School PK-8th grade. Both of them loved their time at HCES and received a fabulous education that has carried them into high school and college. They still talk about their special times at HCES and treasure those years that they had in such a loving and nurturing environment. It is truly a special place!
- Posted by Parent - Michele
I teach at Holy Comforter and I love it! It's a incredible school with dedicated loving teachers and parents.
- Posted by Teacher - Kari Follick
I could not imagine a better place for my children to be educated! Holy Comforter takes a whole child approach and highly values social emotional learning in addition to a rigorous academic curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - Jen
HCES has become a second home for our family. The sense of community is wonderful and all of the teachers and administration are incredibly supportive.
- Posted by Parent - K Mealor
I am an alum of HCES and had the great opportunity to come home and work. Holy Comforter prepared me to succeed academically and as a person. As a child, I would love to come to school and now I love coming to work. It`s still that same loving, caring environment in which you learn the tools to succeed in life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - L. Frederick
I love this school, both of children were seen as people, not test scores. The well-rounded people they become is in part to this school. Thank you.
- Posted by Parent - MEL
Some of my most precious memories are from my time as a student at Holy Comforter Episcopal School. Not only did I receive a phenomenal education but also the loving, nurturing environment taught me what it means to have empathy, love and humility for others. Basically, how to be a good person. A HCES administrator recently said, "Academics are important, yes, of course. However, if our graduates are "A" students but are mean individuals (jerks)...we have failed." In today's world, this statement couldn't be more important and true. At Holy Comforter Episcopal School it's more than grades. It's about the whole individual/student.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - M Wilson
As a parent, I could not be happier with Holy Comforter. Its challenging academics and athletics, its interest in developing the whole child, and Christ-centered focus and exactly what my husband and I were looking for for our boys!
- Posted by Parent - Bridgette Gonzalez
I have been impressed with HCES! HCES is a Christ-centered school with high expectations for academics and student behavior.
- Posted by Teacher - J.Thrasher
My children attended HCES from PK through 8th grade. The education they received was outstanding and they enjoyed every minute. The academic and life lessons they learned helped them grow into the successful adults they are today.
- Posted by Parent - Brenda
When my wife and I first visited Holy Comforter I said, "I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else." Six years later I feel exactly the same way. Holy Comforter is exceptional academically and has a uniquely caring and inviting atmosphere. I am continually amazed by the capabilities and commitment of their faculty and administration.
- Posted by Parent - shawn
A wonderful school to send your kids to.
- Posted by Parent - jacki
Nearby Homes for Sale
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.