Rock Brook School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (908) 431-9500
- Rock Brook School is a private, non-profit school for Communication Impaired and Multiply Disabled children, from age 3 through age 21.
- Rock Brook School is approved by the New Jersey State Department of Education and received accreditation from The Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools (MSCES).
- We currently have approximately 50 students from 25 different school districts in central New Jersey.
- In most cases, the home school district will pay tuition, if placement is approved through the IEP process.
- Our program runs from 8:40 3:00 Monday through Friday. The school year is from September through June, with a six-week Extended School Year Program available.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language Learning Impairments, Multiple disabilities, Autistic spectrum|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition is determined by the New Jersey Department of Education annually.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by the New Jersey Department of Education annually.|
|Admissions Director||Katie Hardgrove Principal|
- Rock Brook School is a private, non-profit school for communication impaired and multiply disabled children, from age 3 through 21. The mission of the Rock Brook School is to work with each child, parent, contracting school district and agency on providing the highest quality of services so that each student will reach his/her full potential. Rock Brook School offers a full range of programs and services.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kendall Park Grades: K-9 | 482 students
45 Henderson Rd
Kendall Park, NJ 08824
(732) 297-6042 6.6 K-9
- Somerset Grades: PK-8 | 464 students
170 John F Kennedy Blvd
Somerset, NJ 08873
(732) 828-1402 10.2 PK-8
Amazing staff: caring, dedicated, enthusiastic!
- Posted by Parent - jhop
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.