Rockland Jewish Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (845) 627-0010
Rockland Jewish Academy Photo #3 - Fifth graders "buddy" with kindergartners and the learning is mutual.
Rockland Jewish Academy Photo #4 - Building community and service to others is an important Jewish value at RJA.
Rockland Jewish Academy Photo #5 - The second grade Math-a-Thon gave parents a chance to understand Singapore Math with their children.
Rockland Jewish Academy Photo #6 - Mutual respect and full engagement makes fourth grade Social Studies fantastic.
Rockland Jewish Academy Photo #7 - No Jewish day school would be complete without the joy of holiday celebrations together.
- Rockland Jewish Academy is an independent community Jewish day school, providing Rockland, Orange, Putnam and Bergen County children from early childhood (ages 3 and 4) through 5th grade a superior education, focused on 21st century skills.
- General and Judaic studies are interwoven, enabling students to develop high-level critical thinking, analytical and literary interpretive skills.
- Intellectual, emotional and spiritual development is fostered organically through our integrated curriculum.
- Our individualized instruction with a desirable student-to-teacher ratio provides a stimulating learning environment that celebrates each child's talents and gifts. Extended hours (7:30 am – 6 pm) are available.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Weiss|
- Parents are talking about Rockland Jewish Academy, which in its third year has already distinguished itself as a place of community, learning, intellectual and spiritual growth. Values, warmth, friendship and caring are hallmarks of an RJA education, building strong Jewish identities along with delivering a innovative and enriched curriculum for tomorrow's leaders, in a safe and nurturing setting. Conveniently located at the Rockland Jewish Community West Nyack Campus with brand-new, state-of-the-art classrooms and technology, and providing individualized instruction with a desirable student-to-teacher ratio, RJA children grow within a stimulating learning environment that celebrates each of their talents and gifts. Extensive after-school and extended morning and afternoon programs (7:30 am – 6 pm) are available. For more information or a private tour, please contact Judy Klein, Director of Admissions, at 845-627-0010 x104 or email@example.com.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nanuet Grades: PK-8 | 176 students
34 West Nyack Road
Nanuet, NY 10954
(845) 623-2311 0.7 PK-8
- Nanuet Grades: 9-12 | 464 students
798 Route 304
Nanuet, NY 10954
(845) 643-3870 1.5 9-12
- Blauvelt Grades: PK-K | 100 students
557 Western Hwy
Blauvelt, NY 10913
(845) 359-4562 1.9 PK-K
- Blauvelt Grades: 2-9 | 74 students
488 Western Hwy
Blauvelt, NY 10913
(845) 359-3400 1.9 2-9
I have 2 children at RJA. We planned on only attending for preschool, but we've been here a few more years!. My children are thriving academically and socially and emotionally, and they love school! The individual attention they receive amidst a community of supportive peers is so special. We have found a diverse group of families and friends here, and we love rja!
- Posted by Parent - Couldn't be happier
This is a magical school. Not only is the general and judaic studies stellar, but my kindergarten child is already speaking Hebrew! Every child is cherished as an individual and my children love school and love learning. There's an indescribable sense of community, amazing and diverse families and much joy in our house! Worth every penny!
- Posted by Parent - ampre
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.