Rocky Hill School
- Top Ranked RI School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 312 students
- Yearly Tuition: $38,550
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Boardgame, Chinese Club, Community Service Club, Compass Writers', Computer Science, Critter Crafts, Debate, Diversity Club: Students Making Activist Choices (SMAC), Environmental Club, Film Club, French Club, GSA (Gender & Sexuality Alliance), Health and Wellness, Interact Club (Rotary International), Mathematics Team, Nathan Hale Society of Tour Guides, Photography, Polar Bear Club, Robotics, Robotics Team, Spanish Club, Student Government, Student Prefects, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus - "Narragansett Sound", Deckhands Theater Company, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Lifetime Fitness, Outdoor Recreation, Sailing, Yoga
- The Harkness discussion-based learning and teaching method is applied in Rocky Hill School`s grades 6-12 classrooms. An oval table, seating students and the teacher, replaces traditional desks and rows and the standard lecture format. This student-centered classroom encourages self-advocacy, collaborative problem solving, and an exchange of ideas.
- Rocky Hill's small class size, averaging 10-12 students and with a 5:1 student to teacher ratio, allows our faculty to focus on the talents and strengths of each individual student.
- Rocky Hill School`s 84-acre campus is used as a lens through which students better understand science, art, literature, and history topics. Rocky Hill`s campus includes a 10,000 sf community garden, the 1.5 mile Land of Fires Nature Trail, and direct waterfront access. The availability of these resources particularly supports Rocky Hill`s emphasis on marine and environmental sciences.
- Rocky Hill School`s curriculum extends beyond the strictly academic. Employing the philosophies of Responsive Classroom and Developmental Designs imbues a sense of community, responsibility, and camaraderie into our classrooms. In 2015, Rocky Hill began an initiative to bring the beneficial practice of Mindfulness to our students. Faculty members in each Division were trained in mindfulness practices and use them in their classrooms daily to both model specific behaviors for students as well as to explicitly articulate the benefits of them.
- For us, community service is not simply a graduation requirement, but is a value woven into our school through numerous activities, clubs, and field trips throughout the year. At Rocky Hill, we live into our mission to educate the whole child.
- The Academic Center for Enrichment (ACE) serves students who need additional academic support to reach their full potential within the context of a college preparatory school. Through enrichment classes, academic support, study skills, remedial techniques, and active student participation, ACE strives to produce independent, confident learners who emerge as self-advocates in their learning.
- For over 20 years, Rocky Hill School has hosted international students from multiple countries. This international focus reaches down to the Middle and Lower Schools where each year these two divisions choose one country or region of the world to study in depth during their cross-divisional World Cultures Week.
Endorse Rocky Hill School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards