Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Hours: 8:20-3:20
- Rolph Literacy Academy (RLA) is an all-day intervention private
education institution that teaches children starting at ages 5-7
with dyslexia and other reading difficulties. We teach the
Alphabetic Phonics program to our students, which is a
research-based proven method of teaching children how to read,
write and spell.
- RLA opened in 2014 with the goal of teaching literacy. The new
definition of literacy includes the use of language, numbers,
images, computers, and other basic means to understand,
communicate, gain useful knowledge and use the dominant symbol
systems of a culture. The students at RLA not only learn to read,
write and spell, but they also attendmath, science, social
studies, physical education, music, drama, and art classes.
- Rolph Literacy Academy teaches neurodiverse students in the way
their brains need to learn, using Alphabetic Phonics (AP.)AP
is an ungraded, multisensory curriculum, based on the
Orton-Gillingham approach, that teaches the structure of the
English language. This phonetic program teaches reading,
handwriting, spelling, verbal and written expression and
comprehension by simultaneously engaging the visual, auditory and
kinesthetic modalities. Class size is limited to 4 students
per teacher ensuring individualized attention for each child.
- Since Rolph LIteracy Academy is an intervention school, the
time a student spends at RLA varies. Once a child has
mastered the skills necessary for success in reading, he/she will
be able to transition to a more traditional school setting.
Objectives of Rolph Literacy Academy:
- 1) Perfect the ideal educational environment and
approachfor young children with dyslexia,including
instruction, materials, and exposure to all academic areas.
- 2) Balance remediation with a rich and stimulating
curriculum that identifies and nurtures the child`s strengths and
- 3) Promote hands-on experiential and pragmatic learning,
allowing children to significantly improve their individual
literacy skills while building educational aptitude in math,
science, the arts, technology, social studies, and
- 4) Offer a specialized educational choice for students
- 5) Maintain astate-of-art training
facilityfor teachers to ensurethey have the skills and
knowledge to effectively provide literacy remediation.
- 6) Establish a "state-of-the-science" premier educational
program in Wichita, Kansas, with a mission to provide education and
awareness about dyslexia. Our goal- "All Kids Reading-All Kids
- 7) Mainstream children who have received early and
successful intervention for dyslexia back into parochial, public or
If you would like to learn more information about Rolph Literacy Academy or have questions about enrollment, contact us at 316-684-7323 firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Rolph Literacy Academy cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Rolph Literacy Academy?
What is Rolph Literacy Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Rolph Literacy Academy?
Endorse Rolph Literacy Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards