Rutgers-livingston Day Care Center
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 54 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- "Young children are explorers, investigators, scientists — trying to make sense of their world through interactions with the environment, adults and other children. They are active learners, continuously incorporating new information with that which they already know. Therefore, everything is the child's curriculum; every experience, conversation, observation, whether purposefully planned or inadvertent, is influential. Young children develop and learn best when their physical, social and emotional needs are considered as important as their academic successes. They need nurturing adults who understand child development and truly enjoy children. They deserve specially educated teachers who value this unique stage of life and are dedicated to helping each child become an independent, life-long learner; teachers who will provide a safe community where social skills are practiced, risks can be taken, and self esteem flourishes. Children deserve teachers that respect the value of and safeguard every child's right to play. Play is the very core of children's learning and accordingly, our curriculum. Rutgers-Livingston Day Care is proud to hold the distinction of being part of the very first group of early childhood programs in the nation, as well as the first program in New Jersey, to be accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children."
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Rutgers-livingston Day Care Center?
The application deadline for Rutgers-livingston Day Care Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the Rutgers-livingston Day Care Center yearly calendar below.
Endorse Rutgers-livingston Day Care Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards