Sabot at Stony Point
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 187 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / Jan. 31 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Sabot at Stony Point was created in 2007 through the merger of Sabot School, an innovative early childhood program, and Stony Point School`s PreK through 8th grade offerings. Both schools were founded by parents working with educators to bring change to Richmond`s education landscape. In 1993, Sabot Preschool began to work under the inspiration of the Reggio Emilia Approach. (link to educators section for definition) Our experience with Reggio-inspired practice was so powerful that parents advocated to have that philosophy as the basis for further education, thus our kindergarten 8th grade curricula, anchored by the 5 Rs, were born.
Today all Sabot students experience an engaging education, appropriate to their age, with these common traits and values:
- RELATIONSHIP: The web of connections among children, teachers, and parents a knowledge network in which each person`s questions and understanding informs the others`.
- RESEARCH: The process of learning how to learn; the tools for investigating questions that students will face throughout their lives.
- REPRESENTATION: The process of making one`s thinking visible through many formats such as digital media, the visual arts, and the expressive arts including writing.
- REFLECTION: John Dewey reminds us, "We do not learn from experience-we learn from reflecting on experience." Enough said!
- REACH: Our ethic of best work in which we encourage students to stretch themselves by taking intellectual risks, sustaining effort, and embracing challenge.
Endorse Sabot at Stony Point. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards