Riverside School Photo #3 - Daily 1:1 Orton-Gillingham Language Instruction is a part of curriculum for all students at Riverside School.
Riverside School Photo #4 - Riverside School was founded in 1974 by Patricia W. DeOrio. Shown here with students in the Intermediate School, 'Mrs. D.' now serving as Director Emeritus.
- Riverside School is a non-sectarian, non-profit, private coeducational day school, approved by the state of Virginia as a proprietary school.
- Accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practioners & Educators, Riverside School provides a multi-sensory, structured and rational education for children with specific learning disabilities in grades K-8.
- Riverside School seeks to provide learning disabled students with an environment in which pressures are removed, the failure pattern is eradicated, and self-concept is improved.
- A systematic and sequential multi-sensory, success oriented approach is used; and a supportive, caring and nurturing atmosphere is provided.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and Language-based Learning Differences|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,240|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Pat Hallman|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- 1:1 Daily Orton-Gillingham Language Instruction for all students
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 1-12 | 71 students
3900 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23230
(804)239-1080 5.3 1-12
- Henrico Grades: K-12 | 82 students
8055 Shrader Road
Henrico, VA 23294
(804)747-1003 7.3 K-12
- Richmond Grades: 3-12 | 35 students
8000 Brook Rd
Richmond, VA 23227
(804)553-3291 9.2 3-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.