Riverside School Photo #3 - Daily 1:1 Orton-Gillingham Language Instruction is a part of curriculum for all students at Riverside School.
Riverside School Photo #4 - Riverside School was founded in 1974 by Patricia W. DeOrio. Shown here with students in the Intermediate School, 'Mrs. D.' now serving as Director Emeritus.
- Riverside School is a non-sectarian, non-profit, private coeducational day school, approved by the state of Virginia as a proprietary school.
- Accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practioners & Educators, Riverside School provides a multi-sensory, structured and rational education for children with specific learning disabilities in grades K-8.
- Riverside School seeks to provide learning disabled students with an environment in which pressures are removed, the failure pattern is eradicated, and self-concept is improved.
- A systematic and sequential multi-sensory, success oriented approach is used; and a supportive, caring and nurturing atmosphere is provided.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and Language-based Learning Differences|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,950|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Pat Hallman|
- 1:1 Daily Orton-Gillingham Language Instruction for all students
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 1-12 | 71 students
3900 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23230
(804)239-1080 5.3 1-12
- Henrico Grades: K-12 | 82 students
8055 Shrader Road
Henrico, VA 23294
(804)747-1003 7.3 K-12
- Richmond Grades: 3-12 | 35 students
8000 Brook Rd
Richmond, VA 23227
(804)553-3291 9.2 3-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.