Sacred Heart Catholic School
Tel: (830) 775-3274
- Sacred Heart School has been supported and encouraged by Sacred Heart Church since 1900.
- Father Brule wanted to do more for the community, so he brought four sisters to open the first Catholic school in San Felipe Del Rio.
- Sister Adolph was the first Superior of the school in a small two-room frame building, big enough to accommodate 40 children of all ages in September 1900.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School is a parish school under the Pastor of Sacred Heart Church, Reverend James Fischler, C.I.C.M. “Sacred Heart School is where we learn to love, learn to succeed, learn to serve, and learn to live for tomorrow by following Jesus today.” We believe that we are called to nurture and educate our students spiritually, academically, physically, and culturally.
- We are called to promote our Catholic faith by providing opportunities that will foster the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to live a successful Christ-centered life.
- We foster life long learning while respecting the richness of the past, meeting the challenges of the present, and in preparation for a better future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Del Rio Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
409 E Cortinas St
Del Rio, TX 78840
(830) 775-9921 1.4 PK-8
- Del Rio Grades: NS-5 | 123 students
206 W Greenwood St
Del Rio, TX 78840
(830) 775-9911 0.9 NS-5
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.