- Sacred Heart School has been supported and encouraged by Sacred Heart Church since 1900.
- Father Brule wanted to do more for the community, so he brought four sisters to open the first Catholic school in San Felipe Del Rio.
- Sister Adolph was the first Superior of the school in a small two-room frame building, big enough to accommodate 40 children of all ages in September 1900.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School is a parish school under the Pastor of Sacred Heart Church, Reverend James Fischler, C.I.C.M. “Sacred Heart School is where we learn to love, learn to succeed, learn to serve, and learn to live for tomorrow by following Jesus today.” We believe that we are called to nurture and educate our students spiritually, academically, physically, and culturally.
- We are called to promote our Catholic faith by providing opportunities that will foster the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to live a successful Christ-centered life.
- We foster life long learning while respecting the richness of the past, meeting the challenges of the present, and in preparation for a better future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.