Sage Day At Boonton
- Sage Day is a safe, nurturing environment designed for students for whom the large public school is overwhelming.
- Typically, our students have been diagnosed as suffering from depression, school phobia, anxiety and other similar disorders.
- They are often described as being emotionally "fragile. Achieving our mission goals requires a new approach to teaching and learning.
- At Sage Day we use a therapeutic approach to education to develop a meaningful understanding of each child and family.
- This helps us establish a partnership between school and family, so together we can guide our students to success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.