Saint James School
At SJS, we strive everyday to provide a nurturing and safe environment where our students are challenged to be their best and become strong in their relationships with their classmates, teachers, and most importantly, with Jesus Christ. The faculty, staff, and administration of Saint James School focus on educating our children academically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 281 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,500
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
(Khaki pants and polo shirt)
(Khaki pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition rates depend on amount of children per family. Financial Aid is available.
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- The mission of Saint James School is to develop Christ-centered academic excellence in all of our students, and the entire St. James School community shares in this mission. Saint James School is blessed with an active and supportive Home School Association that works closely with the school administration to organize events and raise funds.We promise to provide a safe, engaging and fun learning environment to nurture your child`s emerging skills.We believe that God works with us and through us. That God invites us into a deeper relationship with Him and calls us into this community. That through community, character and integrity are forged, and we move away from self toward others. We believe in using our gifts and talents in the service of others and the importance of conversation as a means to growth. We believe in the power of love to help us realize our God-given potential and the importance of seeking truth, beauty, and goodness. We believe in a community where all members are respected and where we celebrate the accomplishments of one another.
Profile last updated:
If you are looking for a faith-based, challenging academic environment that is also nurturing, St. James is an excellent school. They offer three world languages, small group learning for math and science (based on academic level), a performance-based academic enrichment program, a wide variety of sports and extracurricular activities, community service groups, a challenging curriculum (utilizing the honors grading system), and a heartfelt family environment. We moved our children from a different private school to St. James and have been so pleased with the level of education and professionalism of the entire staff. I highly recommend all that St. James has to offer.
Endorse Saint James School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.