Saint Peter Claver's mission is to foster academic excellence in all areas of study, encourage discipline based on respect and responsibility, and develop a sense of service and social justice within our multi-cultural community.
We are deeply impacted by our African heritage and strive to provide an education that is grounded in Catholic tradition and influenced by the cultural diversity of our student body.
It is our belief that a family's ability to pay tuition should never stand in the way of a student studying with us, and to that end we have significant financial aid available! If you are interested in learning more about us, please contact our office at (651) 621-2273.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 97 students
- Yearly Tuition: $1,400
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is generally instituted as ten payments of $140/month from September until June. SPC is proud to offer FREE Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Summer Program Cost
% on Financial Aid
- Saint Peter Claver Catholic Church and School are an important part of the history of the Rondo Neighborhood in St. Paul, Minnesota. Rondo has always been a predominantly black neighborhood where people know each other. When Interstate 94 was built in the mid-1950s, the neighborhood was torn apart. To attract and retain young families, the parish built a school in 1950. It was run by the OblateSisters of Providence from Baltimore. The black nuns were known for their evangelization efforts in the neighborhood, and many came to love them. Lack of funding and low enrollment closed the school in 1989; it reopened in 2001 and became a founding partner of Ascension Catholic Academy in 2015.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Saint Peter Claver Catholic School cost?
Saint Peter Claver Catholic School's tuition is approximately $1,400 for private students and $60 for summer students.
When is the application deadline for Saint Peter Claver Catholic School?
The application deadline for Saint Peter Claver Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Saint Peter Claver Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.