Saint Peter Claver Catholic School
- Saint Peter Claver's mission is to foster academic excellence in all areas of study, encourage discipline based on respect and responsibility, and develop a sense of service and social justice within our multi-cultural community.
- We are deeply impacted by our African heritage and strive to provide an education that is grounded in Catholic tradition and influenced by the cultural diversity of our student body.
- It is our belief that a family's ability to pay tuition should never stand in the way of a student studying with us, and to that end we have significant financial aid available! If you are interested in learning more about us, please contact our office at (651) 621-2273.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is generally instituted as ten payments of $140/month from September until June.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Terese Shimshock|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Spellins|
- Saint Peter Claver Catholic Church and School are an important part of the history of the Rondo Neighborhood in St. Paul, Minnesota. Rondo has always been a predominantly black neighborhood where people know each other. When Interstate 94 was built in the mid-1950s, the neighborhood was torn apart. To attract and retain young families, the parish built a school in 1950. It was run by the Oblate Sisters of Providence from Baltimore. The black nuns were known for their evangelization efforts in the neighborhood, and many came to love them. Lack of funding and low enrollment closed the school in 1989; it reopened in 2001 and became a founding partner of Ascension Catholic Academy in 2015. It is our hope that this reopening under the Academy will bring new growth to our school and provide our scholars with signifcant new opportunities!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: NS-12 | 764 students
530 Lafond Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55103
(651)925-8700 1.2 NS-12
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-12 | 163 students
355 Marshall Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651)265-3400 1.5 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 1-12 | 277 students
3200 Highway 100 S
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(952)920-6377 9.9 1-12
- Minnetonka Grades: 1-12 | 41 students
3500 Williston Road
Minnetonka, MN 55345
(952)737-6900 15.8 1-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.