Saint Peter Claver Catholic School
Saint Peter Claver's mission is to foster academic excellence in all areas of study, encourage discipline based on respect and responsibility, and develop a sense of service and social justice within our multi-cultural community.
We are deeply impacted by our African heritage and strive to provide an education that is grounded in Catholic tradition and influenced by the cultural diversity of our student body.
It is our belief that a family's ability to pay tuition should never stand in the way of a student studying with us, and to that end we have significant financial aid available! If you are interested in learning more about us, please contact our office at (651) 621-2273.
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 79 students
- Yearly Tuition: $1,400
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is generally instituted as ten payments of $140/month from September until June. SPC is proud to offer FREE Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year.
% on Financial Aid
- Saint Peter Claver Catholic Church and School are an important part of the history of the Rondo Neighborhood in St. Paul, Minnesota. Rondo has always been a predominantly black neighborhood where people know each other. When Interstate 94 was built in the mid-1950s, the neighborhood was torn apart. To attract and retain young families, the parish built a school in 1950. It was run by the Oblate Sisters of Providence from Baltimore. The black nuns were known for their evangelization efforts in the neighborhood, and many came to love them. Lack of funding and low enrollment closed the school in 1989; it reopened in 2001 and became a founding partner of Ascension Catholic Academy in 2015. It is our hope that this reopening under the Academy will bring new growth to our school and provide our scholars with signifcant new opportunities!
Profile last updated:
Endorse Saint Peter Claver Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.