Salem Family Ymca Preschool & Kindergarten
- Salem Family YMCA is home to over 200 programs that serve thousands of people in our community.
- Just like our tag line promises, YMCA programs directly impact the entire community through strengthening kids, families and adults.
- You're invited to become part of our non-profit association, and part of our success.
- The Salem Family YMCA has served its members well in matters of "Spirit, Mind, and Body" for more than a century, making a lasting impact on the Salem community at large, meeting special needs and coming up with innovative programs for the future.
- Services to our community increased as the physical facilities grew over the years past.
- On May 4, 1892, the Y opened its first quarters on the second floor of the Patton Block on the south side of State Street, near Commercial Street.
- By 1900, it had moved several times: to a second home in the Gray Building at Liberty & State; to the upper floor of J.C. Brown Hardware, 120 North Commercial; to the Hughes Building on the south side of State near High.
- On December 24, 1901, the Y was in a building it owned at Commercial and Chemeketa.
- In about 1910, an indoor pool, Salem's first, was built on the first floor.
- A gym and other club areas occupied the other floors.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SalemGrades: PK-K | 156 students
1550 Fairgrounds Rd NE
Salem, OR 97303
- SalemGrades: PK-5 | 200 students
395 Marion Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
- SalemGrades: PK-12 | 183 students
9075 Pueblo Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97305
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.