San Jose Montessori School
- San Jose Montessori School has been serving children and their families for over 40 years.
- We follow the Montessori approach, which is designed to aid the development of children by providing them with the environment and materials they need to learn independently and joyfully.
- Highly trained adults guide and support the children in their development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for tuition information, as tuition varies depending on the child's schedule, age and other factors.|
|Admissions Director||Susan Fernandez|
- We currently have two mixed-age classrooms serving children 2.5-6 years old, with an AMI-trained teacher and assistant in each class. We also have an AMI-trained outdoor teacher, so that the children may choose to work outdoors for parts of their day.
- We invite interested families to schedule a tour of the school followed by a classroom observation. Please contact us by email or phone for more details.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: K | 83 students
1400 Parkmoor Ave Ste 220
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)539-0200 0.5 K
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 25 students
1590 Minnesota Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)266-8056 0.5 PK-K
- San Jose Grades: 5-8 | 60 students
1570 Alta Glen Dr
San Jose, CA 95125 0.8 5-8
- San Jose Grades: PK-8 | 191 students
1980 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)626-8008 1.1 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.