San Jose Montessori School
- San Jose Montessori School has been serving children and their families for over 40 years.
- We follow the Montessori approach, which is designed to aid the development of children by providing them with the environment and materials they need to learn independently and joyfully.
- Highly trained adults guide and support the children in their development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for tuition information, as tuition varies depending on the child's schedule, age and other factors.|
|Admissions Director||Susan Fernandez|
- We currently have two mixed-age classrooms serving children 2.5-6 years old, with an AMI-trained teacher and assistant in each class. We also have an AMI-trained outdoor teacher, so that the children may choose to work outdoors for parts of their day.
- We invite interested families to schedule a tour of the school followed by a classroom observation. Please contact us by email or phone for more details.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: K | 83 students
1400 Parkmoor Ave Ste 220
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)539-0200 0.5 K
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 25 students
1590 Minnesota Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)266-8056 0.5 PK-K
- San Jose Grades: 5-8 | 60 students
1570 Alta Glen Dr
San Jose, CA 95125 0.8 5-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.