San Jose Montessori School
San Jose Montessori School has been serving children and their families for over 50 years.
We follow the Montessori approach, which is designed to aid the development of children by providing them with the environment and materials they need to learn independently and joyfully.
Highly trained adults guide and support the children in their development.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 32 students
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 30
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost Notes
Our Summer Program is for enrolled children.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Please contact us for tuition information, as tuition varies depending on the child's schedule, age and other factors.
- We currently have two mixed-age classrooms serving children 2.5-6 years old, with an AMI-trained teacher and assistant in each class. We also have an AMI-trained outdoor teacher, so that the children may choose to work outdoors for parts of their day.
- We invite interested families to first, carefully and thoroughly, read through our website, and then request an in-person tour of the school followed by a classroom observation. Please contact us by email for more details.
Profile last updated: 07/15/2021
Endorse San Jose Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.