Santa Lucia School
- Since 1985 Santa Lucia School has been instilling a love of learning in an atmosphere offering supportive guidance, a connection to the natural world and our greater community, and peaceful conflict resolution.
- It is a cooperative environment where parents, teachers and peers work together to bring forth and appreciate the very best in each child.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Shirley Magnusson|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Chon|
- Since its humble beginnings in a converted garage 30 years ago, Santa Lucia School has been providing a holistic, educational alternative for families in San Luis Obispo County, California. Our school, which now sits on 5 pastoral acres in rural Templeton, CA, embodies the principles of our natural surroundings.Celebrating life through constant contact with the natural world allows a deep love and respect for nature to develop. Our classrooms, outdoor spaces and frequent field trips illuminate the wonder of the world outside. Providing experiences in nature forms a sound physiological foundation, within and without. Here on our beautiful campus students are encouraged to both explore and reflect. Learning is a way of living. All children start life intrinsically motivated to explore the world around them. They have a healthy appetite for challenge. They are born with fullness of spirit and talent that will develop and unfold over the course of a lifetime.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Luis Obispo Grades: PK-6 | 97 students
4200 S Higuera St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805)544-6691 20.4 PK-6
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.