Santa Lucia School
- Since 1985 Santa Lucia School has been instilling a love of learning in an atmosphere offering supportive guidance, a connection to the natural world and our greater community, and peaceful conflict resolution.
- It is a cooperative environment where parents, teachers and peers work together to bring forth and appreciate the very best in each child.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Shirley Magnusson|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Chon|
- Since its humble beginnings in a converted garage 30 years ago, Santa Lucia School has been providing a holistic, educational alternative for families in San Luis Obispo County, California. Our school, which now sits on 5 pastoral acres in rural Templeton, CA, embodies the principles of our natural surroundings.Celebrating life through constant contact with the natural world allows a deep love and respect for nature to develop. Our classrooms, outdoor spaces and frequent field trips illuminate the wonder of the world outside. Providing experiences in nature forms a sound physiological foundation, within and without. Here on our beautiful campus students are encouraged to both explore and reflect. Learning is a way of living. All children start life intrinsically motivated to explore the world around them. They have a healthy appetite for challenge. They are born with fullness of spirit and talent that will develop and unfold over the course of a lifetime.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Luis Obispo Grades: PK-6 | 97 students
4200 S Higuera St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805)544-6691 20.4 PK-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.