Santa Lucia School
Tel: (805) 434-2217
- Since 1985 Santa Lucia School has been instilling a love of learning in an atmosphere offering supportive guidance, a connection to the natural world and our greater community, and peaceful conflict resolution.
- It is a cooperative environment where parents, teachers and peers work together to bring forth and appreciate the very best in each child.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Shirley Magnusson|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Chon|
- Since its humble beginnings in a converted garage 30 years ago, Santa Lucia School has been providing a holistic, educational alternative for families in San Luis Obispo County, California. Our school, which now sits on 5 pastoral acres in rural Templeton, CA, embodies the principles of our natural surroundings.Celebrating life through constant contact with the natural world allows a deep love and respect for nature to develop. Our classrooms, outdoor spaces and frequent field trips illuminate the wonder of the world outside. Providing experiences in nature forms a sound physiological foundation, within and without. Here on our beautiful campus students are encouraged to both explore and reflect. Learning is a way of living. All children start life intrinsically motivated to explore the world around them. They have a healthy appetite for challenge. They are born with fullness of spirit and talent that will develop and unfold over the course of a lifetime.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Luis Obispo Grades: PK-6 | 92 students
4200 S Higuera St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805) 544-6691 20.4 PK-6
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?