Santa Teresita Elementary School
Tel: (323) 221-1129
Santa Teresita School is a Catholic elementary school, kindergarten through eighth grade, which serves students from Santa Teresita Parish, Boyle Heights and surrounding communities.
In the spirit of Saint Dominic, Santa Teresita School strives to teach students to know God and the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, to acquire skills and knowledge to be successful in life, and to develop Christian values of respect for self, others and all creation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,200|
|Tuition Notes||Santa Teresita School accepts applications for the Catholic Education Foundation tuition awards program, as well as school-based and privately funded financial aid programs. All families who seek financial aid must complete an application and are encourag|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||S. Mary Catherine Antczak|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Girl Scouts, Student Council
- Santa Teresita School, a Catholic elementary school of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, was established by Father Antonio Bouquet in 1950 and administered by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. We are proud to serve the Los Angeles community of Boyle Heights.
- Belief in God and the teachings of Jesus Christ are the cornerstones of the Santa Teresita School community. We believe that all of God’s children deserve a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. We work together with parents for the Christian and academic education of their children. As a community of dedicated administrators, teachers, parents and students, Santa Teresita School strives to develop faith-filled, responsible citizens for our global community by providing a quality education which emphasizes academic progress, self-discipline and moral training.
- Our goal is to provide children with the love, care, respect and structure they need now to experience academic, social and spiritual growth for a better life in the future. We invite you to visit our school to experience a community in which faith and education meet, producing children who are enthusiastic, well-mannered and spirit filled learners.
- Santa Teresita School is accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and co-accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Santa Teresita Elementary School is Sacred Heart High School (1.2 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Assumption School (0.7 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Lac+usc Employees Childrens Center (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 122 students
3016 Winter St
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 269-4319 0.7 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 29 students
1401 N Mission Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323) 221-8791 0.8 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: 2-8 | 129 students
1419 N Hazard Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 266-0456 1.1 2-8
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 260 students
2111 Griffin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90031
(323) 225-2209 1.2 9-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.