Sacred Heart High School
Tel: (323) 225-2209
Sacred Heart High School Photo #2 - Sacred Heart High School celebrates 109 years of Empowering Tomorrow's Catholic Women.
- In today`s media-saturated world, it is not easy for girls coming of age, to develop a healthy sense of self-worth, self-respect, and purpose while they are preparing for their futures.
- In order to emerge from their teen years as strong, confident and happy young women, girls must first learn to believe in themselves and embrace their full potential.
- At Sacred Heart, your daughters will develop the confidence, life skills, and judgement needed to succeed and build a bright future.
- Sacred Heart will aid its young women in developing limitless power to control their lives and also prepare them to make positive contributions in the lives of others.
- Our unique vision,"Empowering Tomorrow`s Catholic Woman", has been recognized with warm and positive feedback by students, parents, teachers, and the community.
- The vision works to support our young women in their efforts to shatter obstacles that create barriers in equality, society, education, and the workplace.As we continue to fulfill our mission, we journey forward with our vision of "Empowering Tomorrow`s Catholic Woman".
- It is with this vision that we embark upon the completion of our capital campaign to provide these young women the resources needed-physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to destroy the societal stereotypes that hold women down.
- We invite you to learn more about Sacred Heart High School,where amazing young women are empowered, unstoppable and prepared to take on the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Navarro|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Beltran|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- SHHS, a Catholic, college preparatory school, in the Dominican Tradition, embraces, empowers, and inspires young women to live in faith, truth and service.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakewood Grades: 9-12 | 565 students
5825 Woodruff Ave
Lakewood, CA 90713
(562) 925-5073 15.5 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 461-3651 6.2 6-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323) 935-1147 6.6 7-12
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 9-12 | 402 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(626) 685-8333 7.8 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?