Schaumburg Christian School
- Schaumburg Christian is a private school offering excellent academic opportunities for families wanting a traditional education in a relevant atmosphere.
- Schaumburg Christian offers on-site, year-around child-care in a safe and fun environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other school association(s)
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||955 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest & Professional)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are dependent on the grade entering. There are other miscellaneous fees as well (i.e. registration, extra-curricular, etc.)|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Schutzenhofer|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chinese Club, STEM Classes, STEM Club, Theater
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Lessons after school, Junior High Band, Junior High Choir, Music Lessons, Senior High Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary Baseball, Elementary Boys Basketball, Elementary Girls Volleyball
- Schaumburg Christian School offers a high quality, Christian education from our pre-three-year-old preschool program to our college preparatory high school and is fully-accredited by four different accrediting agencies.Located in Chicago's northwest suburbs, our school offers an educational experience that is filled with both excitement and opportunity, where each student is important. We are a private educational institution that is known for its commitment to excellence and has a proven track record of helping families.The faculty and staff of Schaumburg Christian School are committed to nurturing the development of the whole student. Whether that be in the spheres of academics, fine arts, or athletics, we seek to maximize each young person's God-given potential.There's never been a more exciting time to join Schaumburg Christian School! With record student enrollment, enthusiastic teachers, state of the art facilities, established athletic teams, and a top-notch fine arts department, we offer an educational experience like none other!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Schaumburg Grades: PK-K | 85 students
930 W Higgins Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60195
(847) 885-7036 1.8 PK-K
- Elgin Grades: 9-12 | 382 students
335 Locust St
Elgin, IL 60123
(847) 741-7535 10.7 9-12
- Hoffman Estates Grades: PK-8 | 516 students
255 Flagstaff Ln
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
(847) 885-7702 0.7 PK-8
SCS is a very nice school, truly satisfied with the education and disciplined school environment.
- Posted by Parent - Nivida
The teachers and staff were so supportive of helping our student adjust to her new school in 9th grade. She loved the additional challenge of art class competition. I`m so thankful!
- Posted by Parent - Dawn H
My children love this school. They have joined this school since Pre-K and they love their school. There was one point that I think we can save $ by sending them to public school instead but after hearing, I said that my daughter said...mom if I have enough in my savings can I use that $ to pay the tuition so that I can continue at SCS.
- Posted by Parent - Kate
Schaumburg Christian School is the place where my son is the happiest aside from home. The curriculum is age appropriate. Teachers and staff are very nice. They go extra mile to meet the needs, not only of students but parents as well.
- Posted by Parent - Edgar
SCS is an excellent school! The academics are rigorous, the teachers are well equipped, and the atmosphere is safe, friendly, and exemplifies the love of God. I have a third-grade student, a kindergarten student, and we`ve just enrolled our youngest child in the K3 program. I`m looking forward to many years of character building in the lives of my children at Schaumburg Christian school!
- Posted by Parent - Christina
Our children love SCS and both were on the honor roll each year they`ve been enrolled. Their teachers keep in contact with us regularly on the assignments and how they are progressing. I love the culture of the school and my fellow classmates.
- Posted by Parent - D Combs
The best school, bar none. SCS has been a blessing for my child and our whole family in general. The teaching staff is very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and above all passionate about what they do. I would highly recommend the school for any parent out there.
- Posted by Parent - Ray
Excellence Christian School! This will be my daughter's 4th year attending SCS this coming school year. I am so amazed at how much she's learned while being at Schaumburg Christian School. The staff, teachers, and administrators value and implement the core values of a Christian School and education.
- Posted by Parent - Nina Jackson
SCS has helped mold my 2 girls academically, spiritually, socially. The teachers not only focused on their academics but the whole person of each student. Very competitive with music and arts, sports and academics. Great school!
- Posted by Parent - Analyn D.
SCS is a great school! It is filled with teachers and staff that are fun, loving, and caring. I love knowing that my children are getting a wonderful education in a warm, Christ-centered environment. I also love all the extracurricular activities the school offers, which is a lot! We have been involved in music, drama, and athletics and love it!
- Posted by Parent - Kristen
My kids have loved going to SCS. The teachers are caring, and the curriculum is well balanced. One of the other plus points is the discipline it inculcates in students. Great music and art teachers too..!
- Posted by Parent - Ashish V Patel
SCS offers quality education in a safe and Christian environment. Compared to other private schools(Christian and nonchristian) in the area, the price is very affordable for the type of education they provide. Will recommend it to any parent who wants the best for their children at a very affordable price.
- Posted by Parent - JP
SCS thus far has offered my child the education that I could have only dreamed of growing up. SCS educators seems to concentrate on the whole person and how to strengthen society instead of just fitting in. My daughter thrives in SCS, something she did not do in the public forum. Thank you!
- Posted by Parent - Terry Reedy