School For Independent Learners
- At School For Independent Learners, courses are taught in the ultimate student centered format one teacher, one student.
- Our one-to-one setting provides a tremendous opportunity for accelerated progress and self-directed learning.
- Teachers tailor course content with respect to each student's interests, goals, and abilities.
- We employ a philosophy of mastery learning to ensure that students master course material, at their own pace.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP German Language, AP Government & Politics: Comparative, AP Government & Politics: US, AP Latin: Virgil, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is by each hour of in class instruction.|
- At School For Independent Learners, courses are taught in the ultimate student centered format one teacher, one student. Our one-to-one setting provides a tremendous opportunity for accelerated progress and self-directed learning. Teachers tailor course content with respect to each student's interests, goals, and abilities. We employ a philosophy of mastery learning to ensure that students master course material, at their own pace.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 595 students
327 Fremont Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)209-3050 2.4 K-12
- Los Altos Grades: NS-12 | 322 students
11311 Mora Dr
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)209-9400 4 NS-12
- Campbell Grades: PK-12 | 28 students
1 W Campbell Ave (J70)
Campbell, CA 95008
(408)898-8627 11.7 PK-12
- Los Gatos Grades: 6-12
50 University Ave., Suite A300
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)354-0743 14.2 6-12
- Morgan Hill Grades: NS-12 | 517 students
105 John Wilson Way
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408)782-7177 33.4 NS-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.