Science Language Arts International School
An independent Nursery to Grade 8 school in Brooklyn, focused on hands-on science, arts, and math and committed to providing children with a rich and rigorous multilingual education in French and Mandarin.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 133 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Science, Language & Arts International School is an independent school focused on hands-on science, arts, and math and committed to providing children with a rich and rigorous multilingual education in French and Mandarin.
- Since its founding in 2011, SLA has grown in grade levels, language tracks offered, and campuses, with locations in both Downtown Brooklyn and Carroll Gardens. By 2024, it will serve students Nursery to Grade 8 in both French and Mandarin.
- SLA is an anti-bias school. We admit students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender identity, or creed to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. SLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender identity, or creed in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other school-related programs.
Endorse Science Language Arts International School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?