Seed Day Care Center (The)
- Children are like tender seeds. They need continuous loving care to grow and blossom.
- The Seed is a nationally accredited early learning center. Our educational programs meet the highest standards of excellence.
- We are open 7:30 to 6:00 for the convenience of working parents.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,280|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly payments. 3, 4 and 5 days/week|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Madeline Barry|
- The Seed is a "child's home away from home." We strive to provide a warm, cozy environment in which children feel happy and secure while engaged in a variety of stimulating, age-appropriate learning activities. We give special attention to each child's needs and interests and address all areas of their social, emotional and intellectual development.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yorktown HeightsGrades: 6-12 | 68 students
370 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
- HawthorneGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
180 Bradhurst Avenue
Hawthorne, NY 10532
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.