- Children are like tender seeds. They need continuous loving care to grow and blossom.
- The Seed is a nationally accredited early learning center. Our educational programs meet the highest standards of excellence.
- We are open 7:30 to 6:00 for the convenience of working parents.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,280|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly payments. 3, 4 and 5 days/week|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Madeline Barry|
- The Seed is a "child's home away from home." We strive to provide a warm, cozy environment in which children feel happy and secure while engaged in a variety of stimulating, age-appropriate learning activities. We give special attention to each child's needs and interests and address all areas of their social, emotional and intellectual development.
Profile last updated: 09/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HawthorneGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
180 Bradhurst Avenue
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Yorktown HeightsGrades: 6-12 | 68 students
370 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.