Sierra School Of Sonoma County
- Founded in 1974, Sierra School provides a challenging, comprehensive academic curriculum enriched with art, music, and foreign language.
- The balance of our unique program helps ensure that each student is well prepared not only for higher education but also for a successful and rewarding life! Sierra students enjoy an atmosphere that encourages learning an atmosphere of inspiration, trust, guidance, and appreciation for each individual.
- Our educators are highly skilled, enthusiastic, and committed to their students' achievement and personal fulfillment.
- We also have a solid commitment to foster in our students a strong sense of community, mutual respect, and compassion for others.
- Every student at Sierra is as unique as our program.
- Sierra was created to nurture each individual. We encourage the ability to question and decide while developing the skills of critical thinking.
- In a creative environment such as this, group activities are filled with humor and laughter.
- Individually, students develop a deep understanding of their responsibilities toward one another, appreciating and respecting each person's worth and dignity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Rosa Grades: NS-PK | 55 students
2810 Summerfield Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
(707)537-8889 1.5 NS-PK
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
300 Farmers Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
(707)545-7252 2.3 PK-8
- Santa Rosa Grades: 9-12 | 327 students
2500 Farmers Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)545-1770 2.3 9-12
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-2
50 Mark West Springs Rd., Ste. 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)303-7127 2.8 K-2
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.