Sierra School Of Sonoma County
- Founded in 1974, Sierra School provides a challenging, comprehensive academic curriculum enriched with art, music, and foreign language.
- The balance of our unique program helps ensure that each student is well prepared not only for higher education but also for a successful and rewarding life! Sierra students enjoy an atmosphere that encourages learning an atmosphere of inspiration, trust, guidance, and appreciation for each individual.
- Our educators are highly skilled, enthusiastic, and committed to their students' achievement and personal fulfillment.
- We also have a solid commitment to foster in our students a strong sense of community, mutual respect, and compassion for others.
- Every student at Sierra is as unique as our program.
- Sierra was created to nurture each individual. We encourage the ability to question and decide while developing the skills of critical thinking.
- In a creative environment such as this, group activities are filled with humor and laughter.
- Individually, students develop a deep understanding of their responsibilities toward one another, appreciating and respecting each person's worth and dignity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Rosa Grades: NS-PK | 55 students
2810 Summerfield Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
(707)537-8889 1.5 NS-PK
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
300 Farmers Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
(707)545-7252 2.3 PK-8
- Santa Rosa Grades: 9-12 | 327 students
2500 Farmers Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)545-1770 2.3 9-12
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-2
50 Mark West Springs Rd., Ste. 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)303-7127 2.8 K-2
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.