Tel: (310) 751-1100
- The Westview School is a W.A.S.C. accredited, nonprofit, non-public school.
- Westview specializes in educating bright, motivated students who are challenged by learning differences, attention deficit disorder and/or mild emotional issues.
- We were founded in 1990 to serve college-bound secondary school students who struggle in a traditional learning environment.
- Westview is able to integrate the best of a traditional school program with the individualized instruction, program flexibility and positive reinforcement that are necessary to help our students achieve success. Ninety percent of Westview graduating seniors are college bound! Westview's unique college preparatory program strives to prepare its graduates to successfully meet the challenges of adult life. .
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Westview serves high functioning students with learning differences, Aspergers, attention deficit disorder and/or mild emotional issues.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Westview is a non-profit, non-public school. Tuition is either paid privately or funded through an I.E.P.|
|Admissions Director||Bonnie Aharoni M.A.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Golf, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
- Westview's program serves many high functioning students with diverse learning styles and our unique college preparatory curriculum provides a personalized approach, fostering individual student success. Please call or visit our website for more detailed information.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 3-12 | 108 students
12101 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 751-1100 3 3-12
- South Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 143 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323) 257-3006 18.1 1-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-12 | 354 students
4160 Grand View Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(818) 751-1101 2.9 PK-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 791-1255 22 1-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?