- The Westview School is a W.A.S.C. accredited, nonprofit, non-public school.
- Westview specializes in educating bright, motivated students who are challenged by learning differences, attention deficit disorder and/or mild emotional issues.
- We were founded in 1990 to serve college-bound secondary school students who struggle in a traditional learning environment.
- Westview is able to integrate the best of a traditional school program with the individualized instruction, program flexibility and positive reinforcement that are necessary to help our students achieve success. Ninety percent of Westview graduating seniors are college bound! Westview's unique college preparatory program strives to prepare its graduates to successfully meet the challenges of adult life. .
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Westview serves high functioning students with learning differences, Aspergers, attention deficit disorder and/or mild emotional issues.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Westview is a non-profit, non-public school. Tuition is either paid privately or funded through an I.E.P.|
|Admissions Director||Bonnie Aharoni M.A.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Golf, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
- Westview's program serves many high functioning students with diverse learning styles and our unique college preparatory curriculum provides a personalized approach, fostering individual student success. Please call or visit our website for more detailed information.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 3-12 | 108 students
12101 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)751-1100 3 3-12
- South Pasadena Grades: NS-12 | 163 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323)257-3006 18.1 NS-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12
11500 W Olympic Blvd Suite 318
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)478-9900 0.4 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-12 | 354 students
4160 Grand View Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)751-1101 2.9 PK-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 22 1-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.